Author Topic: The Darkened Streets  (Read 9933 times)

Uraxor

• Faithful
The Darkened Streets
« on: 00:21:29 - 09/01/10 »
I suppose no chance to finish this at l34, is there?
I won first fight, that one is easy more or less, but no chance to do the second one without Attractions, I figured.

Same with Cornered, eh?

Sigh :(

Shalq

• Faithful
Re: The Darkened Streets
« Reply #1 on: 01:11:42 - 09/01/10 »
Have you tried some +next boosts with charms like Banishing Flame Stone and Vicious Stab?
Or just straight dmg with/without ongoing stuff?

Krazieork

• Newcomer
« Reply #2 on: 12:35:35 - 09/01/10 »
I was already L35 when the dungeon was opened, but I did it at that level. Second fight is definitely tough, but doable. And without Attractions even. I used lots of Extra Actions and high damage charms to kill the villain before he smashed all the furniture in my face. Having 600+ HP is necessary for this to work (you need to survive past the second piece of furniture) but that's about it.

Cornered was easy in the beginning when all the L50 characters were in the public party because there were new charms to get Two L50's could win the fight regardless of the third man (or woman) in the team. High level chars still show up sometimes, but now it's better if you come prepared.

Giab

• Faithful
« Reply #3 on: 13:06:56 - 09/01/10 »
It is possible right from level 32  8)
Here is a victorious second fight, by far the toughest.
http://www.estiah.com/character/combat/replay/id/27477896/owner/67334
The rogue AoE charm class helps here, but I posted another win without using Banishing Flame Stone (so I guess it is possible to do without the class charm as well).

However and to be honest, at least with the gears I tried it requires a substancial amount of luck. I think my success rate on the 2nd fight was about 1/5, so after three successful runs I decided to save AP and come back later.

Giab'

Kandiru

• Faithful
« Reply #4 on: 18:47:11 - 09/30/10 »
I found the most reliable way to do the second fight (for a cleric) is to use pretty much nothing but -melee ongoing charms. He'll stop hurting you pretty quickly, and if you have a few healing charms / AoE damage charms (eg flame stones) you can take all the furniture life loss on the chin.

Bpdox

• Adventurer
« Reply #5 on: 17:53:56 - 10/01/10 »
Looks like I'm not the only one having trouble with this.  :P Oh, but allow me to ask another (related) question.

So far I've been grinding this dungeon for almost 2 weeks now, and I've got most of the charms... But no Vengeful Aggression or Murderous Rage at all, which I thought was really weird. Am I just plain unlucky, or am I missing something?

Kandiru

• Faithful
« Reply #6 on: 17:55:51 - 10/01/10 »
Each fight has a secret condition which must be fulfilled for those charms to drop. If you do meet it, they drop every time.

(I still haven't managed to get the first one though)

Elliandara

• Newcomer
« Reply #7 on: 13:12:06 - 10/21/10 »
Hint for the second fight...

Use +next magic buffs (mana surge, blue dragon, martyrdom, etc) with banishing flame stone to wreck the furniture. Don't use any other direct magic damage, so all those buffs are always put toward your aoe. And I suppose you could do it with rogue melee aoe charms instead in a similar fashion.

Azharh

• High Mediator
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #8 on: 13:16:51 - 10/21/10 »
What about tanking second fight ? With a lot of heal and some descent DPS ?

Sparky

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • ◄◄Wishmaster►►
    • RealmOfDreams
« Reply #9 on: 13:21:39 - 10/21/10 »
What about tanking second fight ? With a lot of heal and some descent DPS ?
Probably doable, i'd go with banes to slowly kill the enemy also.
[15:57]   <Evangeline88>   nah, Slyguy is exceptional ... he can deal with everyone easily?

http://tinyurl.com/2b52xar

Mac OS X 10.9.3 / Firefox 30.0

Kandiru

• Faithful
« Reply #10 on: 16:05:48 - 10/21/10 »
Second fight is very easy to tank with -ongoing melee charms. Pretty soon he stops damaging you then as long as you can out-heal /damage the furniture you can slowly bane him to death.

Leruman

• Newcomer
« Reply #11 on: 14:16:25 - 07/12/12 »
Hi

What is secret condition in first fight to get Murderous rage. I got rest of two unique charms but can not get one from fist fight.

Sparky

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • ◄◄Wishmaster►►
    • RealmOfDreams
« Reply #12 on: 18:35:59 - 07/12/12 »
Hi

What is secret condition in first fight to get Murderous rage. I got rest of two unique charms but can not get one from fist fight.
Keep your ally alive.
[15:57]   <Evangeline88>   nah, Slyguy is exceptional ... he can deal with everyone easily?

http://tinyurl.com/2b52xar

Mac OS X 10.9.3 / Firefox 30.0