Author Topic: A new summon charm(mainly for countering BP)  (Read 17420 times)

Sparky

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • ◄◄Wishmaster►►
    • RealmOfDreams
Re: A new summon charm(mainly for countering BP)
« Reply #30 on: 01:35:49 - 07/31/10 »
[15:57]   <Evangeline88>   nah, Slyguy is exceptional ... he can deal with everyone easily?

http://tinyurl.com/2b52xar

Mac OS X 10.9.3 / Firefox 30.0

Louie

• Wanderer
« Reply #31 on: 02:09:54 - 07/31/10 »
and sp?

Sparky

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • ◄◄Wishmaster►►
    • RealmOfDreams
« Reply #32 on: 02:25:05 - 07/31/10 »
and sp?
Reliably beating every strategy with a single deck = OP deck = bad balance. Gotta choose your weakness. Later you can just use Strength in Humility :P
[15:57]   <Evangeline88>   nah, Slyguy is exceptional ... he can deal with everyone easily?

http://tinyurl.com/2b52xar

Mac OS X 10.9.3 / Firefox 30.0

Louie

• Wanderer
« Reply #33 on: 02:35:46 - 07/31/10 »
What I think is not "beating" every strategy but at least a balance gear which it's not a free loss to any popular gear. When a new charm is introduced,  problems are also introduced. I just hope people don't ignore the worst one when people are trying fixing them.

Schutzengel

• Magic
  • High Mediator
  • Bunny Cultist
  • Tired of burning.
« Reply #34 on: 07:06:46 - 07/31/10 »
TBH, Louie. Your deck aren't optimized enough to win against Blood Pact.
The auras, FotE, they just don't fit in a Summoner's deck.
[20:01]   <wl>   that happens if you let schutz design a dungeon! only charms for himself :P

Gtxinsane

• Wanderer
  • The fork of truth!
« Reply #35 on: 13:05:45 - 07/31/10 »
You are however, trying to become the ultimate summoner burst pro that you've spread yourself thin. As far as i see, you're only having trouble with 2 specific classes, zergs and warwhores, which are supposed to epitomize cpb with or without bp. What about other strats and other jobs? I suppose you roll over them so easily and you just lose terribly to bp that you have to rage it out.
Astroblade takes 899 magic damage(181 warded, 1 pierced)
Astroblade takes 1080 magic damageAstroblade takes 1080 magic damage

Schutzengel

• Magic
  • High Mediator
  • Bunny Cultist
  • Tired of burning.
« Reply #36 on: 13:10:32 - 07/31/10 »
You also miss an important charm.
[20:01]   <wl>   that happens if you let schutz design a dungeon! only charms for himself :P

Slalderma

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • the Troubadour Warrior
slalderma / slickal / rebelscum / sukelywalker / badmotivator
berzerker / pyro / hierarch / deathknight / warden
Slyguy: Shortdeck is the answer to everything.

Louie

• Wanderer
« Reply #38 on: 15:32:23 - 07/31/10 »
TBH, Louie. Your deck aren't optimized enough to win against Blood Pact.
The auras, FotE, they just don't fit in a Summoner's deck.

Because in colis, there are plenty of sp users. That's one of the reason why I kept FotE and why not a pure Summoner's desk is because there are not enough strong summon charms available in lv44 and with BP and SP I can't afford be driven into late games, that's why I need Crystal of the Dawn. Actually I skirimished many times and worked out this balanced gear. As I've said I just have very few summons in the gear, and I explain the use of it. It increased some unstability but it gives me the opportunity to get even with most popular gears. Btw Bel'Hathal is a lv45 charm and I'm lv44

Louie

• Wanderer
« Reply #39 on: 15:42:55 - 07/31/10 »
You are however, trying to become the ultimate summoner burst pro that you've spread yourself thin. As far as i see, you're only having trouble with 2 specific classes, zergs and warwhores, which are supposed to epitomize cpb with or without bp. What about other strats and other jobs? I suppose you roll over them so easily and you just lose terribly to bp that you have to rage it out.

I'd like to ask you to read my post again or maybe for the first time?!

Antiviper

• Faithful
  • Int Dumb
« Reply #40 on: 18:34:06 - 07/31/10 »
Uh Louie, before you ask for MOAR SUMMON BUFFS to counter BP...

http://www.estiah.com/character/combat/replay/id/26178130/owner/19846

I'd recommend you stop mixing summons with auras. (Until you get star gauntlets anyway.) Kthxbai.

First, I should say this replay is about bad luck and EAs under BP. Second, there's a reason I put very few auras in my deck --- 5xCrystal of the Dawn. Why I used it it's because not only I have rocket elemental, Fury of the elements(Mostly for sp) and Summoner's mark(which is exactly 30ward). As I tested many times with main rivals in colis, this deck is more balanced and had a even win possibility to most decks. I know the add of the few aura charms may cause some unstability but it's sth I can afford. I don't know if you have used the same gear to attack a single inq, but if you doubt this deck I think you can check replays in colis. The reason I ask for more summon buffs to counter BP is simple --- We(and maybe the Hierarchs) got hurt the most by it's existence, and still I see people trying balance it by putting some new direct damage charms related with opponent's cpb. I also find the EAs' effect in BP deck is underestimate(here is more about zerkers), but still why I asked because I don't know what Summoners have done wrong to let Bp appears in new patchs and still nobody thinks Summoner is suffering from that. Same applies to Hierarchs but maybe they are used to it but I'm not!       

All slow strategies will be countered by BP, that's simply working as intended, there is ALWAYS a charm to counter a strategy, summon has no exception too. BP is strong indeed, but BP will decrease the stability of deck a lot(and increase the chance to lost against spi deck). If you want to counter BP, Use an earth deck instead of summon.

Lejes

• Veteran
  • Faithful
« Reply #41 on: 18:39:25 - 07/31/10 »
Because those slow gears were just running rampant over the coliseum, right.

Gtxinsane

• Wanderer
  • The fork of truth!
« Reply #42 on: 00:39:40 - 08/01/10 »
I've read your post actually, everyday in fact. [Yay for the interwebz and my Foreign Languages R1 skill]. Case and point, there is no 'balanced' strat, one strat will lose to another. I've seen Summon rollover spirit with the right charms, but get rolled over by BP in return. It's a fair world, i don't see the reason for all the nerd-rage.

EDIT: Guardian Angel, Soul Warden, Luminous Idea/ Bel Hathal, Granite Golem, Star Gauntlets. Ring any bells?
« Last Edit: 00:43:02 - 08/01/10 by Gtxinsane »
Astroblade takes 899 magic damage(181 warded, 1 pierced)
Astroblade takes 1080 magic damageAstroblade takes 1080 magic damage

Louie

• Wanderer
« Reply #43 on: 02:00:25 - 08/01/10 »
I've read your post actually, everyday in fact. [Yay for the interwebz and my Foreign Languages R1 skill]. Case and point, there is no 'balanced' strat, one strat will lose to another. I've seen Summon rollover spirit with the right charms, but get rolled over by BP in return. It's a fair world, i don't see the reason for all the nerd-rage.

EDIT: Guardian Angel, Soul Warden, Luminous Idea/ Bel Hathal, Granite Golem, Star Gauntlets. Ring any bells?

I'm sorry, but there is! SP is a "balanced" strat and BP melee gear also. And where is the rage you see? I just suggest for a new charm and explain the reason and its use. I have been very cautious to not introduce an "op" charm and even myself doubt its viability. If you don't get wrong, it's the suggestions part of the forum and my goal is not to come here to make complaints. But anyway, it's just a suggestion for a new charm which even I doubt whether it is useful. Don't understand why such a suggestion can touch a nerve. End of the post.

Schutzengel

• Magic
  • High Mediator
  • Bunny Cultist
  • Tired of burning.
« Reply #44 on: 02:13:11 - 08/01/10 »
I'm sorry, but there is! SP is a "balanced" strat and BP melee gear also...
[...]

You are playing the wrong game really. Neither Spirit or Blood Pact are balanced.
Blood Pact can be EASILY countered by most Short Gears out there. And it isn't hard to beat Spirit too.

You must face Spirit, Blood Pacters (which is a pretty general gear that even you can run), Magic Bursters, TankAurers and everything else in Coli to achieve a win yes. You can make a deck to win at least against 80% of the people you may find in colisum in what, 90% of the time.

Again I say. Your gear is weak for a Summoner at Lv. 44.
Blighted Woodling, Black Creeper, Mana Leech, Nymph, Star Gauntlets...

Summoners don't need a new cool awesome charm just to counter Blood Pact. Summoners were always one of the strongest classes in Estiah, and forever they will be.