Author Topic: 23.5 (brownie) contest : Shoot Teh Trollz  (Read 8421 times)

Nipal

• Bunny Mob
  • Bunnies
  • Bunny Cultist
Re: 23.5 (brownie) contest : Shoot Teh Trollz
« Reply #15 on: 11:09:21 - 07/03/10 »
i'm not going to use chrome as long as this addon doesn't get ported.
whenever i get frustrated about a web site from now on, i'm going to shoot it :E

Eurydice

• Wanderer
« Reply #16 on: 15:09:44 - 07/03/10 »
My best score is 33565. If i could shoot faster and straighter, it could be more than 34150. But I already did my best.   :-[
Too bad I didn't catch the destroyed page, it changed before I remembered to capture the screen...

The highest score with a destroyed page is 32800.

I would share my tips and methods after this contect over. And if anyone had better ways, I'd like to know too.  ;)
« Last Edit: 15:13:26 - 07/03/10 by Eurydice »

Zharg

• Wanderer
« Reply #17 on: 20:57:11 - 07/03/10 »
Pretty fun game once you figure out the scoring system. Testing, planning and execution all required.

Best I can do with my touch pad here:

http://i48.tinypic.com/2ueu13t.jpg (45155)

I'll explain my strategy once the contest is over too.

Nipal

• Bunny Mob
  • Bunnies
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #18 on: 10:30:19 - 07/05/10 »
Guess Zharg is the best troll shooter :)

Lezard

• Bunny Demon
  • Bunnies
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #19 on: 10:35:02 - 07/05/10 »
10 brownies for zharg!

Zharg

• Wanderer
« Reply #20 on: 11:29:15 - 07/05/10 »
Thanks. :) And as promised:

They key here is the combo system. Once you click 10 of something in a row, subsequent ones are worth 10x the original point value (assuming you don't click anything else in between). There are a lot of hyperlinks on the page to click, but there are two problems with them. First, they only have a base value of 20 (200 maxxed out), While tables are worth 65 (650 maxxed out). The other issue is that you need to be able to click them quickly in groups. The hyperlinks are all spread out and time consuming to hunt down, while you can group up the tables and rapidly take them down.

So my strategy is in two parts.

1) Setup
-Start at the top right and click "Estiah Forum". Next go down a bit and double-click your username, which will also take out "logged as". Then click "Unread Posts" and "New Replies".

-Now go down and to the left and click the post count for the Latest updates forum and the post count for the Game discussion forum. Then go to the far left and click the estiah logos for the Latest updates, Game discussion and Tavern forums. Followed by the links for the Tavern, Game discussion and Latest updates forums.

-Move up a bit further and click another "Estiah Forum" link. Now click all of the menu links from "Estiah" to "Logout" *NOTE Be careful not to click any tables here. Your score should continue going up and hit +200 for the last few of these.* And lastly, click the Estiah backgroup logo once.

2) Run the Tables
-Move to about the top left of the Estiah background logo and start clicking like mad. There are 21 tables you can click here and most you can get without moving your pointer at all. The final one is actually quite difficult to get as it always seems to be in a different spot for me, so most of the time you'll come away with 20 tables here.

-Next go down to where the logo for Latest updates was and triple click the background there for 3 more tables. Then do the same for the Game discussion logo background. Next move to the very left edge of the background for the Tavern logo and start clicking like mad again. You'll take out the entire General Forum here without moving at all. After that move down to the left edge of the Localized Tutorials logo background, move your pointer slightly to the right of there and click like mad again to take out the Game support forum. *NOTE If you click the very left edge here you'll take out the forum in only 1 click, which is very bad. It'll cost you a ton of points.* That should total up to another 42 tables.

-Now head down to the last section and click "Users Online". Then go to the very left edge of the background for "Most Online Today" and triple click. This will also take out the two Personal Message tables. Next move left just a bit and click the very right edge of the background for the personal message logo. After that go to the very bottom and click halfway in between the left edge of the screen and "Estiah Forum". And finally, go back up a bit and click right above the "f" in Info Center", halfway in between "No New Posts" and "Mark All Messages as Read". That's another 7 tables.

Total of 69 tables in a row there, 70 if you can manage to get the 21st in the top part. To get 45k, you'll need all 70. Or if it's too much of a pain like it was for me, you can click an extra 4 hyperlinks early on before the menu for +800 points instead.

You can also get a few more tables, taking out the "Beginner Tips" logo, link and post count will open up 3 more. Also the logo for "Users Online" will open one up. All of these require me to scroll down and back up though, which takes way too much time. If you have a higher resolution these are most likely worth doing.

Dissident

• Bunny Cultist
  • Thank god for hotfixes :V
« Reply #21 on: 12:14:53 - 07/05/10 »
Brownie Whore!

Grats.

Shroud

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #22 on: 13:04:10 - 07/05/10 »
Haha... i couldn't get out over 12k... but it was fun :)
Sneaking Around...

Nipal

• Bunny Mob
  • Bunnies
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #23 on: 13:07:16 - 07/05/10 »
hehe, zharg really hates our forum :D

Eurydice

• Wanderer
« Reply #24 on: 13:27:51 - 07/05/10 »
45k is an unbelievable score, Gratz to zharg! ;)

Here's my tips:
1. Press F11 to turn browser into full-screen mode.
2. Disable explosion animation in the settings.
3. Disable the noise and music (depends on yourself).
4. Basic points of different kind of elements
    HyperLinks +20
    Images +35   
    Divs +50
    Headings +70
    Tables +65
    Form Elements +55
    Embeds, Objects +90
    Other +10
    Time Bonus +1000 per second left
5. Comble is the only way to get high scores. Every time you hit the same kind of html elements, the points increased, 10 times the maxmium. e.g. the first time you hit a HyperLink you get 20 points, then you hit a HyperLink again, you get 40 points this time, and you'll get 60 points next time, and so on. After you shoot 10 HyperLinks, you'll get 200 points each time. But if you hit any other elements, it will get back to 20 points. So study the structure of web page (from html and try) first, and design the steps of shots, try to make the same type of elements in a row to shoot as much as posible.

6. The most important one: forget all the above five tips! Click the mouse fiercely and destroy whatever you want. That's the way of this game!

A sketch map of my method for short. First I clear 17 Images(yellow), then 12 HyperLinks(blue), and 48 Tables(td) at last(orange), red spots are the start points.