Author Topic: Mt. Olympus Forum Game (Play to win PFs!)  (Read 44125 times)

Merton

• High Mediator
  • Bunny Cultist
    • MST3k Journal
Re: Mt. Olympus Forum Game (Play to win PFs!)
« Reply #15 on: 05:20:20 - 06/08/10 »
As the game has just begun, if someone would like to take the place of ThatGuy, you may.  You'll get the God he chose.  He doesn't think he'll have the time to follow everything.

Merton

• High Mediator
  • Bunny Cultist
    • MST3k Journal
« Reply #16 on: 09:32:28 - 06/08/10 »
Seeing her sister being harassed by her repulsive excuse for a son, Hera (Greatcatatonic) steps forward to intervene.  Before she can, Hestia (Qqchampion) blocks her path and says to let the two work things out for themselves.  

"Nobody cares what you think, sister.  We'd all be perfectly happy if you went away forever and let Dionysus take your place.  He's far more entertaining than you and your tedious passive aggression."

Hera pushes past her sister, leaving her blushing meekly.

-Hera (Greatcatatonic) revealed
-Hestia (Qqchampion) revealed
-Hestia loses 1 status.
-Hera, if she so chooses, may make any one god Neutral to her.  You may PM me if you wish to do so.

Round 2 continues.  Toben's turn.

Edit: Corrected a minor error.  Hera's ability is not restrictive to "revealed" gods only.  Should have copy/pasted.
« Last Edit: 04:33:13 - 06/09/10 by Merton »

Merton

• High Mediator
  • Bunny Cultist
    • MST3k Journal
« Reply #17 on: 13:30:02 - 06/08/10 »
ThatGuy has been replaced with Azharh.  Game continues easily enough.

Merton

• High Mediator
  • Bunny Cultist
    • MST3k Journal
« Reply #18 on: 22:15:59 - 06/08/10 »
As Hera approaches Hephaestus, a form looms before her.

Hades (Mario766), sullen but imposing, stares coldly the scene before him.

"What IS the cause of this unseemly display."

Hera glowers, but Hephaestus (Toben) straightens up from his threatening stance over his aunt and approaches Hades.

"Uncle, this fool of a woman conspires against you.  She urged me to forge a weapon capable of destroying your chariot.  I told her I would not get involved in your affairs.  Her response was violent and petty and I would have none of it!"

Hades, his sullen look never changing, looks down at Demeter.  "Worry not, Hephaestus.  You shall not be forced into appeasing my dear sister's increasingly uninspired machinations."

-Toben's turn, ended.
-Hades (Mario766) revealed
-Hephaestus is now protected from the next struggle he is involved in.

Round 2 continues...

Fenrir has the next turn.

Merton

• High Mediator
  • Bunny Cultist
    • MST3k Journal
« Reply #19 on: 04:35:25 - 06/09/10 »

-Hera, if she so chooses, may make any one god Neutral to her.  You may PM me if you wish to do so.

Edit: Corrected a minor error.  Hera's ability is not restrictive to "revealed" gods only.  Should have copy/pasted.

-Hera has declared Hermes as "neutral".  Both of their rival effects are currently obsolete unless this is reversed.

Merton

• High Mediator
  • Bunny Cultist
    • MST3k Journal
« Reply #20 on: 04:35:34 - 06/09/10 »
Brief summary of the turn before I lost:

Demeter further humiliates poor Hestia, because she's basically a massive 'yatch.

-Hestia loses 2 status.

Then Bazabaza's turn.

"How very typical of you, dear Demeter, to turn your own folly into someone else's misery."

The melodious voice, tinged with just the slightest bit of haughtiness, echoes from behind a column on the far end of the courtyard.

Athena (Bazabaza) steps nimbly across the marble yard, a regal air only amplified by her rapid movement.

"Here you are browbeating Hephaestus and Hestia, two of the most non-malignant individuals I have ever known, because they wish to stay out of ridiculous games of power and one-upmanship.  How very typical of you indeed.  I would choose my actions more wisely, lest we find out who is best at such games.  For I think, we would all come to find very soon, you are no match for the wits of others in your company."

Athena coughs mildly and smiles sweetly.

"Hephaestus (Toben) my brother, we do not always agree on matters, but know that I respect your desire to keep your nose firmly out of other people's business."

She approaches and places a soft hand on his shoulder and turns to face the onlookers.  "Anyone else care to interject an opinion?"

-Athena is revealed
-Hephaestus receives a permanent +1 in all status inflicting struggles.
-Athena will eliminate the next rival she engages
-Athena has spent an influence point to learn the identity of Courpsemourne

This shit just got real!

Round 3 continues.  Toben's turn.
« Last Edit: 23:00:45 - 06/09/10 by Merton »

Merton

• High Mediator
  • Bunny Cultist
    • MST3k Journal
« Reply #21 on: 22:25:01 - 06/09/10 »
Woops...I accidentally edited the last turn instead of making a new post. WTF.

Owell...lost the text to Fenrir's turn, but Baza's turn is above  :-(
« Last Edit: 22:27:33 - 06/09/10 by Merton »

Merton

• High Mediator
  • Bunny Cultist
    • MST3k Journal
« Reply #22 on: 03:02:05 - 06/10/10 »
Hephaestus (Toben), bolstered by the various shows of support, straightens up proudly on his mangled leg.

"The arrangement between Hades and Persephone has been long standing.  We have all come to terms with this in that previous debacle that had some of us at each other's throats.  I have no interest in fanning those flames that should have died long ago.  Demeter, you and your daughter were duped, plain and simple, fair and square.  That is how some you play at being gods.  And from what I understand, oh dear kin of mine, thy daughter may have eaten those seeds on purpose.  Some say she is fond of Hades."

Demeter turns bright red and a hint of a grin crosses Hades' dour expression.

Hera (Greatcatatonic) holds her sister steady.  "How dare you even insinuate that that darling of a girl would WISH to be among the likes of him!"

Hera lashes out to slap Hephaestus and he catches her wrist in his iron grip.

"You know mother, you bestowed upon me a favor oh so very long ago that I have always thought owed due return."

Hephaestus' eyes gleam and Hera's eyes burn.

"You wouldn't dare."

"Oh come now mother, the falls not so bad as all that."

With that, he lays the flat of his other palm on his mother's chest and with a mighty heave, sends her soaring across the courtyard where she hits the ground and slides to the very edge of Olympus.

Shocked gasps bounce around the marble and even Hades' eyes grow round as saucers momentarily.

"Oh, so sorry mother.  I guess I didn't quite put my heart into it."

All eyes turn to the temple on the crest, where Zeus must be.  Surely, he must be watching....?

-Hera loses 2 (+1) status
-Hephaestus is immune to Hera's ability stripping and turn stealing.  Immunity now gone.
-Hades receives +1 in all future struggles.

Round 3 continues.  Mario, it is Hades' turn.

Merton

• High Mediator
  • Bunny Cultist
    • MST3k Journal
« Reply #23 on: 06:45:50 - 06/10/10 »
Hades (Mario766) watches a visibly shaken Hera climb to her feet and painstakingly smooth her disheveled robes with trembling hands.  He sighs dramatically, unsure if the trembling stems from her brush with terror or white hot outrage.  Probably more than enough of both to make this place most unwelcome in coming days.

Hades turns to Hephaestus, "Heed my words, nephew.  Were I you, I'd return to my forge without another word and try to forget the events that have just transpired.  If consequences are to come, so be it, but you might as well not invite them."

Hephaestus nods grimly and turns to go.

Hades then sweeps purposefully towards Hestia (Qqchampion) and grasps her by the elbow.  "Come, sister.  Let us try to forget today's unpleasantness."

He masterfully ignores a venomous glare from Demeter.

"Besides, I have to go make sure nobody chiseled something vulgar into the side of my chariot"

-Hestia is immune to her next struggle

Round 3 continues.  Qqchampion's turn.

Merton

• High Mediator
  • Bunny Cultist
    • MST3k Journal
« Reply #24 on: 23:55:36 - 06/10/10 »
Several days later...
Back in Hephaestus' Forge...

"You need to leave, NOW."

"Excuse me?"  Hephaestus (Toben) looks at his aunt Hestia (Qqchampion) quizzically as he wipes soot onto his smock.

"There are very angry murmurings going on about what went on between you, Hera and Demeter.  Started, as I'm sure you'd understand, by my sisters."

"Yes, well, this does not surprise me.  I am not concerned.  Hades and Athena have shown me support.  That should even things out somewhat."

"They are GONE, Hephaestus, you crippled fool!  Hades is back in his underworld.  Athena is down below toying with her mortal subjects.  But some very angry members of your family are here and pouring poison into Zeus' ear."

Hephaestus' expression turns grim.  "Well, I will deal with the consequences of my actions."

"Are you daft!  There is talk of banishing you to Tartarus!  If you have the sense we gave a human you'd flee from the Mount immediately."

The Lame God swallows and his throat bobs tensely.  "Tartarus...  Wild rumor.  I'm sure--"

"Do you really care to find out?"

Hephaestus sighs and places his hammer down somberly.  "Flight seems a hasty decision.  Apollo was never sent to Tartarus despite the threats he would be..."

Hestia sneers slightly but attempts to impart a soothing tone with her words.  "Yes, dear nephew, but Apollo is beloved by almost all save Hera.  He is a golden child.  You-- You Hephaestus, to nearly everyone here will always be the disfigured cripple that revolts... You are no Apollo.  Do you really think Zeus has enough paternal affection for you to spare you?  My sister's idea of maternal instinct was to throw you off this mountain after all."

Hephaestus, crestfallen, says nothing for a long time and then nods.

"Then I must go.  But why do you warn me?  Demeter and Hera will be none too happy."

"Demeter is of no threat to me.  I am still her older sister and she knows I care not for these plays at power.  Hera...well...Hera is far more spiteful.  But I will deal with her when the time comes.  For now, consider yourself banished for your own good Hephaestus the Lame."

With that, Hestia departs, leaving Hephaestus to gather his things and be on his way.

-Hephaestus is eliminated (oh shi--!)
-Hestia immune to Hephaestus' 0 (+1) status removal.  Immunity is now gone
-Hestia has used an influence point to remove her and Demeter's engagement outcome.

Round 3 will conclude with Fenrir (Demeter)'s next turn.
« Last Edit: 01:15:03 - 06/11/10 by Merton »

Merton

• High Mediator
  • Bunny Cultist
    • MST3k Journal
« Reply #25 on: 01:16:03 - 06/11/10 »
Note:  Immunity only fades if something would have happened to the player.  Had Heph not had +1, Hestia would still have her immunity.

Merton

• High Mediator
  • Bunny Cultist
    • MST3k Journal
« Reply #26 on: 01:47:38 - 06/11/10 »
Another Reminder: When a player is eliminated, the victor gets to take an engagement outcome from that player's list.

So bear that in mind now that we've had our first elimination.

Merton

• High Mediator
  • Bunny Cultist
    • MST3k Journal
« Reply #27 on: 23:00:56 - 06/11/10 »
For the record, Fenrir HAS contacted me, but I cannot proceed until he responds back to my last PM, so he hasn't been AWOL the entire time.

Hopefully he'll be back soon.

Mario766

• Adventurer
« Reply #28 on: 21:05:42 - 06/12/10 »
and its now been 22 hours since your post..

Merton

• High Mediator
  • Bunny Cultist
    • MST3k Journal
« Reply #29 on: 21:11:26 - 06/12/10 »
Word quickly spreads that Hephaestus has fled from Olympus in fear of Zeus' wrath.

Hera is outraged and demands to know who spoke to the god of the talks of his banishing to Tartarus.  None, including Hestia, take responsibility.

Demeter (Fenrir) knows the truth though, but instead of pointing the finger at her sister, she revels in Hephaestus' running away with his tail between his legs.  She begins to take credit for finally purging the Mount of the ugly cripple.

"Yes, I'm sure dear Aphrodite must be tremendously happy I have prevented her from ever having to share the marital bed with that pathetic abomination again."

Apollo (Azharh), looking bored and beautiful, yawns and looks off into the distance.  "Now now, auntie, that *is* my brother you're referring to.  I bear the poor fellow no ill will, nor do I to you, but really the whole tawdry affair I find mightily uninteresting.  So you were terribly furious at Hephaestus.  And he nearly flung that witch you call sister over the side of the Mount.  How droll!  But I'm sure it was more fear of father and a wish to simply be left alone that imparted a desire for flight from old Hobbling Hephaestus than it was your ever-so-potent influence."

Demeter narrows her eyes briefly, then straightens her back proudly and forces a tight-lipped grin.  "Do not be so sure of that lovely Apollo.  And do not be so blase!  It was not so very long ago when you nearly met the fate your brother will if we ever get our hands on him."

"Mhmm.  Fascinating."  Apollo yawns and begins to doze.

-Demeter uses an influence point and gains the status of the fallen Hephaestus (+5!).  She also steals the engagement outcome Hestia claimed for her successful elimination
-Apollo is revealed
-Demeter engages a neutral party, Apollo

End of round 3.  

Round 4 begin, Misha it is your turn.  FINALLY.
« Last Edit: 21:20:32 - 06/12/10 by Merton »