Author Topic: 21th Contest: It's my Job [Ended]  (Read 16505 times)

Toben

• Bunny Cultist
Re: 21th Contest: It's my Job [Ended]
« Reply #45 on: 02:41:34 - 05/09/10 »
Congrats to all the winners!

All the entries were awesome, I have great respect for everyone who managed to write something entertaining without using the letter "L"!

Pookie

• Adventurer
« Reply #46 on: 02:48:13 - 05/09/10 »
Awesome to the max. I had a lot of fun writing my little story, and I'm glad you guys enjoyed it too. :)

Now my only question is, how many of those extra inventory slots are we allowed to have?  ;D

Merton

• High Mediator
  • Bunny Cultist
    • MST3k Journal
« Reply #47 on: 03:39:31 - 05/09/10 »
Congrats to everyone.  Was mighty fun.  And in honor of this auspicious occasion I intend to spend my feathers on hookers and booze!

----
No Ls!

Gothmogged

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #48 on: 04:09:57 - 05/09/10 »
Gratz folx.  I'm amazed that I even got close to the top ten with my stupid limericks and a (belatedly noticed) typo.

Thanks for the brownies, they were delicious!
151 Gothmogged uses [Violette's Roses]
Gothmogged targets Root of Corruption
Root of Corruption takes 125 melee damage
Root of Corruption is defeated.
229  Gothmogged uses [Nature's Claw]
Thornscourge the Defiled takes 212 melee damage
Thornscourge the Defiled is defeated.

Qiva

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #49 on: 06:12:25 - 05/09/10 »
I'm stoked!!!
I never win anything lol

Thanks so much Lez and Nip and congrats to all the other winners :)
Was a great comp!

(Qiva|Phool|Bish|Verlaine|Rimbaud)

Larcent

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #50 on: 06:52:57 - 05/09/10 »
Congrats!

Azharh

• High Mediator
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #51 on: 12:57:42 - 05/09/10 »
Congratz again to all winners and all contestants ! Those texts are really enjoyable and impressive !

I just have one question to Nip & Lez : do you plan to use those text for in-game content, or was it just a one-time-contest-thing ? (Yeah, I might be curious by nature...  ::))

Lezard

• Bunny Demon
  • Bunnies
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #52 on: 13:38:14 - 05/09/10 »
It will probably remain a one-time contestt thing :)

Greytide

• Newcomer
« Reply #53 on: 23:48:42 - 05/27/10 »
 :( Well, I came home late after work and didn't notice the [Ended] at the end of the thread announcing the conclusion of the contest so I sat here for 3 hours writing an entry. Then when I couldn't figure out how to post it i realized the thread had been closed (for obvious reasons). So, now I have this otherwise useless story sitting here that no one will ever see but me. I started to just delete it, but maybe some one will get something out of it. It was within the rules and a few bonuses which don't matter at this point. But, the class was Champion. Figured this was as good a place as any to share. Next time I will check the dates lol.

-------
White-hot energy waves twist and surround my body. Untrained forms are weak and have no hope of presenting a counter force to my own.

I step in trapping your foot, preventing evasion and forcing an opening as you attempt to move away. Searing fists wrack your midsection, bending you over to grasp at ruined ribs. Numb fingers shiver and spasm as your Ironfuse Hammer descends to the ground. A sharp right jab makes you see spots before your brain even registers impact has occurred. Deciding on the throat, I send a spin charged fist beneath your chin producing a satisfactory crunch. On the same motion i extend my other arm backwards and bent, the force of the wide swing centered at the hinge point. Impact of Marfik form; a pin prick at the center of your chest makes the air stir behind you. The inner burst is agonizing as your organs seize and rupture in unison. It takes you a moment to recognize the paving stone of the arena ground against your face. Then, death.
-------