Author Topic: Market Manipulation: How?  (Read 7521 times)

Lucientheswaeger

• Wanderer
Market Manipulation: How?
« on: 15:02:30 - 02/02/10 »
Is anyone willing to post a guide on how to manipulate the market for profit in Estiah.

Even just an outline of the process if you don't want to give up your secrets, i.e. what to do? How much gold is required to make it viable etc?

Wolfsoul

• The Pic Maniac
  • Animator
  • Bunny Cultist
  • in ur forumz, trollin yer topixz
Re: Market Manipulation: How?
« Reply #1 on: 15:08:36 - 02/02/10 »
YGBSM
[20:31]   <Schutz|Work>   Lez trolls much better than wolfz! :p
We make server cry with Tears of Blood

Schutzengel

• Magic
  • High Mediator
  • Bunny Cultist
  • Tired of burning.
« Reply #2 on: 19:10:27 - 02/02/10 »
You need this Skill, obviously.

Ability to sell high and buy low.
[20:01]   <wl>   that happens if you let schutz design a dungeon! only charms for himself :P

Einar

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #3 on: 19:43:26 - 02/02/10 »
You can laugh all you want, but ever since I finished up economy my pockets have been overflowing.

Unaekgnoah

• Faithful
« Reply #4 on: 00:11:44 - 02/03/10 »
Take Kata for example, buy it low in a place that sells it low like Zeal. Then wait until you move to a place that sells high and sell it there...
That's how you make a prophet.
Unaekgnoah-Paladin
Iterlgesene-Pyromaniac
Xiamretyen-Berzerker
Ehlnuthmcua-Adventurer (Future Assassin)
Auroshwen-Adventurer (Future Inquistitor)

Toben

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #5 on: 00:32:51 - 02/03/10 »

No, you make a prophet by successfully predicting the terrible Leather Prices Crash of 2012 and the Great Herb Shortage of 2015.  ;)

Slalderma

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • the Troubadour Warrior
« Reply #6 on: 02:25:21 - 02/03/10 »

No, you make a prophet by successfully predicting the terrible Leather Prices Crash of 2012 and the Great Herb Shortage of 2015.  ;)

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFuuuuuuuu are you serious?!  BUY NOW WHILE PRICES ARE LOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
slalderma / slickal / rebelscum / sukelywalker / badmotivator
berzerker / pyro / hierarch / deathknight / warden
Slyguy: Shortdeck is the answer to everything.

Dawoes

• Newcomer
« Reply #7 on: 17:18:37 - 02/04/10 »
also keep an eye on the percentages, for instance at some times you can sell food in gaeas dawn for 200+ percent (giving nearly 1k for +1 statfood) and the other day i had same for art in lumina (2200+ for art with basevalue of about 1100g) just save them up and wait for right time to sell em gives big bucks

Lucientheswaeger

• Wanderer
« Reply #8 on: 18:26:49 - 02/04/10 »
Interestingly most of the serious posters missed the point, though I'm sure it'll he helpful to others.

Selling when prices are high and buying when low is standard practise for trading.

Market manipulation is about creating the peaks and lows to make this a more profitable and controllable exercise.

Thankfully somebody explained it to me via a message, but as I lack the requisite horde of alts or guild stooges to send out to deliberately dump/spike prices, and as my inventory is full of crafting components, I don't think I'll bother.

Of course knowing that it's inevitably art of stat foods that are used to make the big money, it's probably doable with a bit of luck to piggyback off other peoples market manipulation.

Shroud

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #9 on: 19:06:09 - 02/04/10 »
Interestingly most of the serious posters missed the point, though I'm sure it'll he helpful to others.

Selling when prices are high and buying when low is standard practise for trading.

Market manipulation is about creating the peaks and lows to make this a more profitable and controllable exercise.

Thankfully somebody explained it to me via a message, but as I lack the requisite horde of alts or guild stooges to send out to deliberately dump/spike prices, and as my inventory is full of crafting components, I don't think I'll bother.

Of course knowing that it's inevitably art of stat foods that are used to make the big money, it's probably doable with a bit of luck to piggyback off other peoples market manipulation.

They didn't Lucientswagger; it's their way of saying that they'll not be giving a guide on how to manipulate the market :)
Sneaking Around...

Lucientheswaeger

• Wanderer
« Reply #10 on: 19:57:12 - 02/04/10 »
They didn't Lucientswagger; it's their way of saying that they'll not be giving a guide on how to manipulate the market :)

Hey no reason I can't be condescending back

Slalderma

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • the Troubadour Warrior
« Reply #11 on: 20:20:03 - 02/04/10 »

No U.
slalderma / slickal / rebelscum / sukelywalker / badmotivator
berzerker / pyro / hierarch / deathknight / warden
Slyguy: Shortdeck is the answer to everything.

Shroud

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #12 on: 21:13:36 - 02/04/10 »

Point taken ;)
Sneaking Around...

Toben

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #13 on: 01:03:57 - 02/05/10 »
my inventory is full of crafting components

Mine too, s'why I'm always poor. Someday I'll have crafted everything though, and I'll have tons of inventory space to use on getting rich. I won't have anything to do with the money, because I will have already crafted everything, but oh man will I be rich!

Kosiciel

• Bunny Cultist
  • DoT Guild officer
« Reply #14 on: 01:11:36 - 02/05/10 »
Are those skills - bargain and economy - useful at all? Because I doubt so  :-X