Author Topic: Few more Greasemonkey scripts (Mind Tricks)  (Read 54400 times)

Swata

• Wanderer
Few more Greasemonkey scripts (Mind Tricks)
« on: 20:43:27 - 01/05/10 »
Hello, I have created a few small scripts recently and I am posting it here for everyone's use.

New charms - ver 0.2.1 (9.1.2010)
Shows 'N' for charms that were recently made available (diff max 2 levels or 10 attribute points) and 'O' for too old charms
pic

Charm requirements - ver 1.1.2 (3.2.2010)
Shows how many attribute points are you missing to fullfill charm's requirements
pic

Build Items - ver 1.0.1 (29.11.2012)
Shows if you have any items needed for Buildings Under Tracking + allows you to add them
pic

.. and one big
Mind Tricks - ver 111218.2
Compilation of various scripts - see url for details.
« Last Edit: 21:38:24 - 11/29/12 by Swata »

Schutzengel

• Magic
  • High Mediator
  • Bunny Cultist
  • Tired of burning.
Re: Few more Greasemonkey scripts
« Reply #1 on: 21:00:15 - 01/05/10 »
Interesting stuff, really.
It could be more coloured. I guess you aren't a javascript pro, right?
They are cool.

But a mark for "Too old" charms isn't useful imo.
[20:01]   <wl>   that happens if you let schutz design a dungeon! only charms for himself :P

Sheira

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #2 on: 22:45:28 - 01/05/10 »
Neat ideas. Some comments:

New charms: You should probably highlight these charms in another way, but I have no idea how at the moment. And as Schutzengel already said. Too old isn't really useful because some charms are used for a long time.

Charm requirements: You shouldn't replace the normal requirements, adding information behind or as mouseover would be better. Maybe use some color, like red if you do not meet the specific requirement and with mouseover it displays the amount missing. This could also be displayed behind if there is enough space.

Build items: Again maybe a little different in displaying these information, maybe a colored number in brackets, so it's easy to spot.

If you have nothing against it, I would add these to my AllInOne script once they get a little more colorful.

Aplsos

• Bunny Cultist
  • i feel the ghosts screaming phoenix inside me
« Reply #3 on: 22:49:54 - 01/05/10 »
The Build Items script doesn't seem to work on blue (dungeon-only) items.  Otherwise, it's great.

Sheira

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #4 on: 22:52:59 - 01/05/10 »
I just looked at the script and it only takes green items into consideration.
@Swata: You should use XPath to locate these nodes instead of the JS-functions. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Bazabaza

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #5 on: 23:41:51 - 01/05/10 »
nice ideas indeed.

as for "too old", experienced players can just ignore it, but noobs may get a clue from it and stop using lvl5 charms at lvl40 :) otherwise its not really that useful.

I agree that the "charm requirements" should not replace the normal requirements, but should be just added somewhere so both can be seen.

I think "build items" is visible enough, but some color wouldnt hurt it either :)

Swata

• Wanderer
« Reply #6 on: 23:48:54 - 01/05/10 »
New charms: You should probably highlight these charms in another way, but I have no idea how at the moment. And as Schutzengel already said. Too old isn't really useful because some charms are used for a long time.

Requirement for 'too old' is level not higher than yours current level * 0.5 and none of attributes higher than you current * 0.5. So I think it's quite weak. And it's just mark that you should look at time to time and consider if you really want to have it (I have still some unarchived charms with this mark). Just for lazy people like me that don't archive charms on regular basis.

Similar with 'new' mark - just mark that this charm can be good to look at as it became available not too long before.

Charm requirements: You shouldn't replace the normal requirements, adding information behind or as mouseover would be better. Maybe use some color, like red if you do not meet the specific requirement and with mouseover it displays the amount missing. This could also be displayed behind if there is enough space.

Version 0.1 were adding it after normal requirements (see pic), but there were reported some issues. I was thinking about floating window but this sollution seemed to be sufficient (even for me and I was disputating it at the start).

Build items: Again maybe a little different in displaying these information, maybe a colored number in brackets, so it's easy to spot.

I'm thinking about link to storage or even direct adding dialog in next version ..

If you have nothing against it, I would add these to my AllInOne script once they get a little more colorful.

I'd be glad to be in AllInOne, but I have a small problem with the coloring issue. I like things to be decent. You can easily find the information you need, but you are not dragged to it when you dont. It's my problem with ExchangeRates - it in fact hides item type, because it's color is much more noticable.

The Build Items script doesn't seem to work on blue (dungeon-only) items.  Otherwise, it's great.

I'll fix it tomorrow. Thanks for report.

Swata

• Wanderer
« Reply #7 on: 23:56:22 - 01/05/10 »
Interesting stuff, really.
It could be more coloured. I guess you aren't a javascript pro, right?
They are cool.

Thanks and yes, I'm not a javascript pro - these were my first userscripts and my other meetings with javascript were really brief if any.

Sheira

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #8 on: 00:08:27 - 01/06/10 »
With more colorful I didn't mean too colorful, but some colors are nice, no need for bright ones. I agree the information shouldn't be the only thing to see, but you should notice it easily without looking for it. Maybe it is possible to find a good compromise. I find it a lot easier to find these information if some colors are involved.
It's my problem with ExchangeRates - it in fact hides item type, because it's color is much more noticable.
Could you explain that please?

Unaekgnoah

• Faithful
« Reply #9 on: 02:08:08 - 01/06/10 »
These ideas are truly awesome. Seriously, I mean brilliant stuff man...
but the way you execute this is kinda poor. It needs to hit me like "BAM," just like what everybody else is saying!
Unaekgnoah-Paladin
Iterlgesene-Pyromaniac
Xiamretyen-Berzerker
Ehlnuthmcua-Adventurer (Future Assassin)
Auroshwen-Adventurer (Future Inquistitor)

Blacksol

• Faithful
« Reply #10 on: 02:25:58 - 01/06/10 »

Can I suggest some other scripts are added to allinone script (assuming the authors consent):

1. Craft helper: http://forum.estiah.com/index.php?topic=1027.msg8381#msg8381 link in reply 2

2. wiki links: http://forum.estiah.com/index.php?topic=3218

3. Your post in another thread re removing buy/craft/bid button http://forum.estiah.com/index.php?topic=4111.msg50883#msg50883.  This also works on guild showcase page

4. available skills: http://forum.estiah.com/index.php?topic=3402.0

Might make it easier if they are all in one source  ;D Or if cannot do it due to technical limitations then perhaps have a sticky of greasemonkey scripts?

I presume gear slots can stay seperate as that is periodically updated i think
« Last Edit: 02:29:48 - 01/06/10 by Blacksol »

Swata

• Wanderer
« Reply #11 on: 07:43:54 - 01/06/10 »
With more colorful I didn't mean too colorful, but some colors are nice, no need for bright ones. I agree the information shouldn't be the only thing to see, but you should notice it easily without looking for it. Maybe it is possible to find a good compromise. I find it a lot easier to find these information if some colors are involved.

Ok, I'll look at it.

It's my problem with ExchangeRates - it in fact hides item type, because it's color is much more noticable.
Could you explain that please?

I was used to, when short of money, get thru my storage and sell all gray items. It is now significantly harder with all that colors around. At first it was almost impossible but I got used to it a little. Similar with red timer marks, but red is easier to find than grey.

Swata

• Wanderer
« Reply #12 on: 23:21:02 - 01/06/10 »
Build Items are back, now in Color! ;)
(and with fixed blue items issue)

Pandemonium

• Adventurer
« Reply #13 on: 00:08:44 - 01/07/10 »
These are really awesome, and are all going into my "Must-have" Estiah scripts list. Well done and very useful, especially for a new javascripter. Bravo!

The only thing I can think to add is to highlight a skill that you're missing for a charm. For example, I meet all the requirements for a particular Holy charm, but don't have Holy (R2). It'd be nice to bold the skill that's missing to use the charm, as well.

Merton

• High Mediator
  • Bunny Cultist
    • MST3k Journal
« Reply #14 on: 03:24:10 - 01/07/10 »
Build Items is the best!  Thanks for that one.