Author Topic: Outside the spirit of the game  (Read 5068 times)

Wolfiegoth

• Newcomer
Outside the spirit of the game
« on: 15:10:44 - 11/05/09 »

Does the image surely not say it all attacked my Magema and his four alts a,b,c and d.

Surely this behavior is outside the spirit of the rules and game and should not be allowed?

Slalderma

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • the Troubadour Warrior
Re: Outside the spirit of the game
« Reply #1 on: 15:18:42 - 11/05/09 »
Why?
slalderma / slickal / rebelscum / sukelywalker / badmotivator
berzerker / pyro / hierarch / deathknight / warden
Slyguy: Shortdeck is the answer to everything.

Wolfiegoth

• Newcomer
« Reply #2 on: 15:22:48 - 11/05/09 »
Players are allowed to have several accounts to raise their characters in different ways, but cheating behavior such as boosting the main character with support ones is NOT allowed. Although we did our best to avoid cheating with multi accounts during Estiah conception phase it may still happen, unfortunately.

Also, we do track players' in-game activity, if we find suspicious behaviors from possible multi accounts, we will launch a thorough investigation which may eventually lead to the removal of all these accounts.

Quoted from the FAQ.

If I attack you with one character I can see what charms you use in defence to the advantage of my other characters.

Slalderma

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • the Troubadour Warrior
« Reply #3 on: 15:34:30 - 11/05/09 »
If I attack you with one character I can see what charms you use in defence to the advantage of my other characters.

That indeed is poor form.  But it's tough to prove and not entirely against "The Rules."  There have been several 7+ page threads on this issue (for instance and also for instance) with the end result that you can now set multiple decks for defense to minimize this behavior. 
slalderma / slickal / rebelscum / sukelywalker / badmotivator
berzerker / pyro / hierarch / deathknight / warden
Slyguy: Shortdeck is the answer to everything.

Wolfiegoth

• Newcomer
« Reply #4 on: 15:38:38 - 11/05/09 »

That indeed is poor form.  But it's tough to prove and not entirely against "The Rules."  There have been several 7+ page threads on this issue (for instance and also for instance) with the end result that you can now set multiple decks for defense to minimize this behavior. 

Thanks for the pointers I will go and have a read.

I do feel however most folks with multiple characters would have the couple of ounces of common sense to not give them templated names!!

Azharh

• High Mediator
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #5 on: 15:41:01 - 11/05/09 »
You except too much from people who create alts to balance their lack of PvP strategy IMO...  ::)

Seasonaltnt

• Bunny Cultist
  • Epic: Yes
« Reply #6 on: 16:29:44 - 11/05/09 »
It's hard to prove whether this is against the rules or not.  Perhaps Magema has split personalities, we will never know.
C = {SeasonalTNT, These, Those, Idea, Imperatrix}

Wolfiegoth

• Newcomer
« Reply #7 on: 16:45:17 - 11/05/09 »
It's hard to prove whether this is against the rules or not.  Perhaps Magema has split personalities, we will never know.

LOL!

Well there was no harm in asking

Alastair

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #8 on: 22:00:28 - 11/06/09 »

LOL!

Well there was no harm in asking

Yeah, it happens. I find using two defense decks helps alot (sadly, don't have enough slots to run 3 defense decks).  Using drastically different strategies for each can really help you-- since I tend to run into spiriters who can really do my main decks in, I usually use an antispirit as my second deck.  Really hard to try to make a deck that'll defend against all of it :)
"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be." - Kurt Vonnegut.

I'm a bastard sometimes, don't think I don't see that- Sage Francis

Morthalius

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #9 on: 06:31:08 - 11/07/09 »
Even using multiple defense gears doesn't always help, you can only use so many. Personally I'd rather see something done about it. *shrugs*
It makes them game less fun when you sign in to see a zerg rush every day. I can only think of a few players I've seen consistently pulling this, and I don't think anyone would miss them.

Bazabaza

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #10 on: 18:57:41 - 11/07/09 »
Even using multiple defense gears doesn't always help, you can only use so many. Personally I'd rather see something done about it. *shrugs*
agreed.
and multiple defense gears helps sometimes but it has a big drawback (needing too many gear slots to be effective).

Ixia

• Faithful
  • Bunnies Creed
« Reply #11 on: 19:32:37 - 11/07/09 »
I find interesting one question: from the attaks you can say he actually adjusted every deck? You lost other fights in that log.
I find difficul to think he doesn't find that really boring, he'll have to adjust 5 deck for each PvP he does (and it's difficul to think they have the same gear capabilities, that would be really boring). Scouting with an alt to benefit a main is more realistic, but that's not the case.
I'm not justifing him pal, only reasoning.

Keyar

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #12 on: 15:12:32 - 11/23/09 »
Could also be that he just wanted a pvp-run with his troops and you were on the list. I often have my top3 chars in the same city and I sometimes decide to bounty hunt with them. For someone who gets attacked and doesn't see I also go for all the others with bounty within my range, it might seem like I'm targeting him.
Did this happen while you were lvl40? If so, you were probably attacked cuz you seemed like an easy win(since you haven't turned tier3 yet and monks are usually considered an easy target) and lvl40's give crystals instead of gems.
Official killer of threads.
Trollin your threads without even realizing it.

Keyar uses [Ice Spikes]
Astroblade takes 458 magic damage (274 warded, 3 pierced)
Astroblade takes 732 magic damage
Astroblade takes 732 magic damage

I love LotA fight 2...

Wolfiegoth

• Newcomer
« Reply #13 on: 17:15:04 - 11/23/09 »
Could also be that he just wanted a pvp-run with his troops and you were on the list. I often have my top3 chars in the same city and I sometimes decide to bounty hunt with them. For someone who gets attacked and doesn't see I also go for all the others with bounty within my range, it might seem like I'm targeting him.
Did this happen while you were lvl40? If so, you were probably attacked cuz you seemed like an easy win(since you haven't turned tier3 yet and monks are usually considered an easy target) and lvl40's give crystals instead of gems.

No level 35 at the time.  Though I am 40 now and this has not happened again so I am not really that bothered :-)