Author Topic: [Shelter of Silence] - "Last Blood Counts Most"  (Read 57229 times)

Wercool

• Bunny Cultist
  • how FotD was made. http://tinyurl.com/ydw2ala
Re: [Shelter of Silence] - "Last Blood Counts Most"
« Reply #75 on: 03:52:18 - 11/04/10 »
yea right now (lvl 13) im using twinblades spear lightning holy. it working so far. but i could switch pow and con
If I was l13 and I was using Axes, Maces or Fire Shadow, you'd have 0 chances against me because my runes have more damage in general.

You can easily switch stats before l20. You can do it even after, but it would cause some difficulties.
but what if we(I) toss in some armour and ward? your deck would die. mine wouldn't.
adventures are funny things.

Kaervaak

• Adventurer
« Reply #76 on: 04:21:42 - 11/04/10 »
but what if we(I) toss in some armour and ward? your deck would die. mine wouldn't.

This is only true if your armor charms are more than twice as strong as his melee/magic charms (assuming you're playing both armor and ward and he is playing only melee or magic, not both). When you play an armor or ward rune, you don't do any damage and half of the time you don't defend against the right kind of attack. So in that time, he can play two attacking runes to your one. So unless you block more than twice the damage of a single charm, he's still coming out on top.

Blacksol

• Faithful
« Reply #77 on: 13:16:17 - 11/04/10 »

This is only true if your armor charms are more than twice as strong as his melee/magic charms (assuming you're playing both armor and ward and he is playing only melee or magic, not both). When you play an armor or ward rune, you don't do any damage and half of the time you don't defend against the right kind of attack. So in that time, he can play two attacking runes to your one. So unless you block more than twice the damage of a single charm, he's still coming out on top.

err, actually defence is only effective 1/3rd of the time if you include spirit attacks (leaving aside dual/triple defence charms and shifting defence)

Wercool

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #78 on: 16:02:47 - 11/04/10 »

err, actually defence is only effective 1/3rd of the time if you include spirit attacks (leaving aside dual/triple defence charms and shifting defence)
see thishttp://www.estiah.com/character/combat/replay/id/30022226/owner/86709 is where maces die

Thatguy

• Faithful
« Reply #79 on: 19:35:48 - 11/04/10 »

see thishttp://www.estiah.com/character/combat/replay/id/30022226/owner/86709 is where maces die

I don't get it. He ran split damage, used mostly under-level and unoptimized charms (Aiming Axe?), and there wasn't even a mace in that deck so I don't see where you're getting at. Honestly it looked like he was trying to level off-skills lmao.
My chars, cave story style: Quote - Balrog - Misery - Curly - Ballos - King - The Doctor

Zenetar

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #80 on: 21:40:12 - 11/04/10 »

usual PvP sucks, you can get a true experience only by participating in coliseum or PvPing against coliseum players

Wercool

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #81 on: 22:39:38 - 11/04/10 »

I don't get it. He ran split damage, used mostly under-level and unoptimized charms (Aiming Axe?), and there wasn't even a mace in that deck so I don't see where you're getting at. Honestly it looked like he was trying to level off-skills lmao.
ok by mace i just meen any charm with 0%p

usual PvP sucks, you can get a true experience only by participating in coliseum or PvPing against coliseum players
well thats how i can get a true expeirence of coli. :P also notice that he attacked me so i didnt just pick someone i knewi could beat.

Keyar

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #82 on: 22:58:12 - 11/04/10 »
You beat someone who uses Dead Ash and Aiming Axe in pvp... gratz.
Anyway, good defense works really nice in the early lvls, but when you start to close in on lvl40 they become less and less effective as more cpb becomes available.

It's good to have your own opinion, but unless you have the experience, you should try and listen to those that do have it.
The thing that we're trying to say is that defenses isn't played later in the game, making piercing next to meaningless. It doesn't really matter if you think defense should be played more cuz it's good, the thing is we know for a fact it isn't used, cuz it's we who play in the high lvl of coli and pvp against the high lvl players.
Official killer of threads.
Trollin your threads without even realizing it.

Keyar uses [Ice Spikes]
Astroblade takes 458 magic damage (274 warded, 3 pierced)
Astroblade takes 732 magic damage

I love LotA fight 2...

Wercool

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #83 on: 04:39:12 - 11/05/10 »
Anyway, good defense works really nice in the early lvls, but when you start to close in on lvl40 they become less and less effective as more cpb becomes available.

It's good to have your own opinion, but unless you have the experience, you should try and listen to those that do have it.
The thing that we're trying to say is that defenses isn't played later in the game, making piercing next to meaningless. It doesn't really matter if you think defense should be played more cuz it's good, the thing is we know for a fact it isn't used, cuz it's we who play in the high lvl of coli and pvp against the high lvl players.
ok that makes since. but i think i still might try to run a defensive gear at higher levels

Blacksol

• Faithful
« Reply #84 on: 13:53:44 - 11/05/10 »

ok that makes since. but i think i still might try to run a defensive gear at higher levels

Good luck.... I suggest an aura deck and therefore dont dump con.  You may also want to consider a class change to Heirarch (although that could be too late depending on what classes you have chosen so far)

Dreamborne

• Adventurer
« Reply #85 on: 18:18:08 - 11/05/10 »
well then go ahead and try for yourself, but I would advice against it nevertheless, unless extremely lucky, no matter how much defense you draw, a good blood pact deck played by someone with high hp and spirit will most likely rip you a new one.

Keyar

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #86 on: 04:56:33 - 11/09/10 »
well then go ahead and try for yourself, but I would advice against it nevertheless, unless extremely lucky, no matter how much defense you draw, a good blood pact deck played by someone with high hp and spirit will most likely rip you a new one.

Though I recently got my ass handed to me when I bounty hunted jmackxiii who was using a debuff defense deck. I got 2 early blood pacts going and all 5 activated eventually but it still wasn't enough. It could, of course, be cuz he's far into lvl51 and has access to pretty much all charms, but still =P Though the deck would've been slaughtered by even a mediocre spirit deck...
Official killer of threads.
Trollin your threads without even realizing it.

Keyar uses [Ice Spikes]
Astroblade takes 458 magic damage (274 warded, 3 pierced)

I love LotA fight 2...

Dreamborne

• Adventurer
« Reply #87 on: 15:46:38 - 11/10/10 »

Though I recently got my ass handed to me when I bounty hunted jmackxiii who was using a debuff defense deck. I got 2 early blood pacts going and all 5 activated eventually but it still wasn't enough. It could, of course, be cuz he's far into lvl51 and has access to pretty much all charms, but still =P Though the deck would've been slaughtered by even a mediocre spirit deck...

ah yea, forgot about those, I actually gained like 1000 max pvp rating on my DK by playing that debuff deck, but still, with a decent melee cpb deck with say cfb, snt, voids etc a debuff deck has to have a real decent draw order to come out victorious, and the player playing it has to have a serious crapload of hp for the fight to be long enough, guess jmack kinda fits in that.

in the end, I abandoned the debuff deck on my DK and changed to spirit and still running some lesath doublehit bloodpact setup on my main and dont plan to change in close future. Will probably try a corcusating daggers + colithon weapons + exa talons + poisoner pride deck soon though.

Wercool

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #88 on: 23:18:19 - 12/07/10 »

ah yea, forgot about those, I actually gained like 1000 max pvp rating on my DK by playing that debuff deck, but still, with a decent melee cpb deck with say cfb, snt, voids etc a debuff deck has to have a real decent draw order to come out victorious, and the player playing it has to have a serious crapload of hp for the fight to be long enough, guess jmack kinda fits in that.

in the end, I abandoned the debuff deck on my DK and changed to spirit and still running some lesath doublehit bloodpact setup on my main and dont plan to change in close future. Will probably try a corcusating daggers + colithon weapons + exa talons + poisoner pride deck soon though.
yea i'm accually making a slayer and a assasin so i think ill go for the debuff/defence deck on the slayer as it seems like they have more that would help the stratagy.

Lycansaviour

• Newcomer
« Reply #89 on: 03:22:06 - 12/08/10 »
Hi,  :) i'm relatively new to this game  ???, lvl 11 on my way to becoming a scout. since i've started i've had my eye on assassin and DK. i'm not sure which one to pick, though i'm leaning towards asssassins (hence my posting here) and i was wondering if an experienced assassin could maybe PM me or post here a general run down of an assassin. i.e.

Lvl 1-20 what stats to focus on, what jobs etc
lvl 20-30 same thing, what stats and weapons i should use
etc etc
i'm rather confused about which stats i should level, coz i don't wanna mess up my character. i'd like to create a successfull assassin, with a viable strategy and good stats.

i know i'm probably asking alot and sorry for the long message. any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance