Author Topic: [Shelter of Silence] - "Last Blood Counts Most"  (Read 42941 times)

Llanor

• Newcomer
Re: [Shelter of Silence] - "Last Blood Counts Most"
« Reply #30 on: 06:24:19 - 12/04/09 »

After lvl 40 - pro Assasins advise to dump int, and raise Pow, Con, Dex.

Are the high level twinblades really that bad?

Shroud

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #31 on: 07:12:52 - 12/04/09 »

After lvl 40 - pro Assasins advise to dump int, and raise Pow, Con, Dex.

Are the high level twinblades really that bad?

Not bad... just... not PVP competitive... especially on a one-on-one scenario. High damage melee charms normally require CON as 1st/2nd stat; Maces and Axes require CON; a few months ago, there wasn't really any game-breaking, or clutch twinblade charm. You could easily not use any twinblade aside from the Assassin's class charms. Swords and Fists (if you go Dex/Int/Pow, which is the logical progression, because both Twinblades and Swords are DEX high) also suffered from lack of itemization before, which compounded the problem, as well as the bane mechanic change (EA Spam was the way to go for Assassins prior to that update).

As of now though, there are some really good Twinblades now (Violette's Roses, for example), and additional itemization for Swords and Fists as well. The metagame has shifted enough, I believe, that Dex/Pow/Int Assassins are again more viable.
Sneaking Around...

Khlyst

• Adventurer
« Reply #32 on: 08:29:21 - 12/04/09 »
both Twinblades and Swords are DEX high
this. from mid 40s to lvl50 twinblades require 360-435 int which is very low for its levels. there are some exceptions, such as cripple but it didn't go well in any strategy i use. so INT is quite safe to dump as  i don't see any use for it except for twinblades.
And also you'll need pow and con for spirit and summon respectively.

Keyar

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #33 on: 08:43:52 - 12/04/09 »
both Twinblades and Swords are DEX high
this. from mid 40s to lvl50 twinblades require 360-435 int which is very low for its levels. there are some exceptions, such as cripple but it didn't go well in any strategy i use. so INT is quite safe to dump as  i don't see any use for it except for twinblades.
And also you'll need pow and con for spirit and summon respectively.

Hah! Power is sooo overestimated. I've kept my pow at 200 even until now at lvl48 and I haven't struggled at all, or whined about it at the forums! Or maybe just a little... ... ... =P
Edit: The previous comment was sarcasm. For people who don't understand sarcasm, don't bother, it just means its greatness overpowers your abilities.

Anyways, you don't need anything, though it helps to have a decent amount of pow. Alot.
« Last Edit: 12:24:24 - 12/04/09 by Keyar »
Official killer of threads.
Trollin your threads without even realizing it.

Keyar uses [Ice Spikes]
Astroblade takes 458 magic damage (274 warded, 3 pierced)
Astroblade takes 732 magic damage
Astroblade takes 732 magic damage

I love LotA fight 2...

Shroud

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #34 on: 08:52:04 - 12/04/09 »
Hah! Power is sooo overestimated. I've kept my pow at 200 even until now at lvl48 and I haven't struggled at all, or whined about it at the forums! Or maybe just a little... ... ... =P

You did. The one that left a mark was the thread for Dark Tide fight 1 :p

Also, I don't think over-estimated would be the right word... over-utilized fits better, since it's also used for banes, summons and spirit.

Int feels under-utilized really... as a game mechanic, what comes to mind is healing, but that's more of a class mechanic for the hierarch rather than a viable strategy for non-hierarchs.
Sneaking Around...

Evangeline88

• Adventurer
« Reply #35 on: 18:29:44 - 12/04/09 »
How about Con?
Is it good for Assassins?

Zenetar

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #36 on: 18:52:56 - 12/04/09 »
Most of meele CPB strategies require Slash and Thrust, so Assasins should have them too. Hence, they should have enough Con for SnT

Llanor

• Newcomer
« Reply #37 on: 06:16:00 - 12/10/09 »
Is high-end spirit viable for an assassin, or do the power reqs make it unfeasible?

Hellmaster

• Faithful
« Reply #38 on: 09:20:36 - 12/10/09 »
The most requiring spirit charms are Vicious Circle and Ritual Mask atm, wich require 522 Pow and Dex. The next is Terrible Idea with 462, so you can see it's really easy to use all the spirit charms besides those two, wich maybe will require a little more effort.

Gothmogged

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #39 on: 10:32:07 - 12/10/09 »
Terrible Idea is well named.  Vicious Circle on the other hand is worth consideration.
151 Gothmogged uses [Violette's Roses]
Gothmogged targets Root of Corruption
Root of Corruption takes 125 melee damage
Root of Corruption is defeated.
229  Gothmogged uses [Nature's Claw]
Thornscourge the Defiled takes 212 melee damage
Thornscourge the Defiled is defeated.

Daluva

• Wanderer
« Reply #40 on: 18:06:41 - 12/19/09 »
The new epic charm for twin blade users:

Kiss of Lesath
Vanish
(Target enemy with lowest HP)
83 Melee (45% P)
-1 maximum action per turn for target

Requires Level 50
663 Dex 507 Int
Twin Blades (R5)

I personally see no downside to this charm :) Does anyone have a clue to offer as to how to get it?

Merton

• High Mediator
  • Bunny Cultist
    • MST3k Journal
« Reply #41 on: 23:23:53 - 12/19/09 »
I can pm you how to get it.  Frankly now that the contest is over, I hope this makes it on to the wiki someday soon, simply because even knowing the process, getting the charms is a tremendous bitch.  Though on the other hand, I guess keeping it a secret is meant to keep them from being too commonplace (see: Panda/Bel'hathal).

Hellmaster

• Faithful
« Reply #42 on: 01:37:40 - 12/20/09 »
The charm is great, no need of more words. It doesn't fit in my current gear because I need them to play extra turns for my banes doing damage, but it's really an impressive harm. 663 Dex is a lot though, I wont be able to use it for now.

PD: I'd welcome that PM Merton :)

Spectear

• Newcomer
« Reply #43 on: 21:28:07 - 01/08/10 »
I sent the gist of this to Merton as well as asking him for the process of getting a Kiss of Lesath myself but I wanted to get a more broad opinion of the bulk of my message to him.

I was wondering since it seems that most Assassins would like to or actually do not use the majority of the class/Twinblade charms available to them and instead focus on multi-hit extra action and ongoing melee charms.  While the theory behind that is sound I simply ask at that point why even bother to choose the Assassin class since it seems that we are not really utilizing the majority of what makes our class unique?  I don't mean to sound disheartened and please understand I am very new to the game (only level 10 as I type this) but I was curious as to why aside from a few Finishing Moves the majority of charms are not used.  Possibly because they are somewhat lackluster at least in 1v1?

I would like to hear from veteran Assassin players especially those that have decks they are happy with and those who aren't what they would wish to change.  Would you even bother leveling this class again if you could re-roll given that you aren't utilizing a lot of it's uniqueness?  The new charm alone seems like it would certainly bring a bit of balance to a class that seems somewhat lacking although I do not fully understand what is meant by the "-1 maximum action per turn for target".  Does that mean they are unable to play a single charm for the rest of the combat or turn?

Finally if anyone is willing to share on here or via PM I am curious what complete decks look like as well as ideal decks.  For example I would like 5 Release Karmas and 5 Slash and Thrust and 5 etc etc in my ideal deck assuming I could hit these stats again opinions from players who have made at least the partial decks and play-tested it would be most appreciated.

Thank you for your time everyone.

Shroud

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #44 on: 21:39:25 - 01/08/10 »
Well... the older assassins probably took it on because it was a cool name :p

Seriously speaking, T1/T2 path of Assassins (Scout-Rogue) are hands-down dominant during their period. In the early T3, they also are (the rogue self-stuns still work until roughly lvl 43-44).

Prior to the change in mechanics for banes (wherein bane duration lessened as normal during EA turns) and the addition of class crests, Assassins were the best in doing EA spams (decks primarily composed of EAs; champs do that better now in the higher levels).

Take note that Assassins, hands down, have the best targeting mechanic of all classes: the Target Lowest HP (I can't say the same for Vanish though). That alone makes them very effective in groups fights.

That's why Assassins don't seem effective on one-on-one as opposed to, say a Zerk.
Sneaking Around...