Author Topic: [Shelter of Silence] - "Last Blood Counts Most"  (Read 42923 times)

Wercool

• Bunny Cultist
  • how FotD was made. http://tinyurl.com/ydw2ala
Re: [Shelter of Silence] - "Last Blood Counts Most"
« Reply #105 on: 17:49:16 - 03/25/11 »
well i'm going for an assasin on my alt and i'm dumping strenth. because it only gets axe and fist both of which have next to no penetration (which i like(a lot)) so i'm going dex-int-con-str
Update: this doesn't work, Dex-int-con-pow failes at everything because all the charms that you can use stink. i'm now raising my power over my con to get access to swords and fist weapons
adventures are funny things.

Zenetar

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #106 on: 22:01:31 - 03/25/11 »

Update: this doesn't work, Dex-int-con-pow failes at everything because all the charms that you can use stink. i'm now raising my power over my con to get access to swords and fist weapons
that means nothing for Assassins. Dex-int stat spread before lvl 43-44 fails hard anyway.

Easternred

• Newcomer
  • Assassin Apprentice
« Reply #107 on: 14:03:44 - 05/30/11 »
wow ... alastair got his highlord title :o the first assassin who became a highlord? aniwei congratz to alastair :)
Easternred uses [Finishing Move]
Easternred targets Black Phoenix Lyngus
Black Phoenix Lyngus takes 605 melee damage
Black Phoenix Lyngus takes 638 melee damage

Zenetar

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #108 on: 15:44:42 - 05/30/11 »
wow ... alastair got his highlord title :o the first assassin who became a highlord? aniwei congratz to alastair :)
he did that pretty long ago.
the other assassins that could got Highlord too and maybe succeeded are Shroud and Goth's alt. Not sure about them

Alastair

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #109 on: 19:38:14 - 05/30/11 »
the other assassins that could got Highlord too and maybe succeeded are Shroud and Goth's alt. Not sure about them

Nah, not even a week ago, actually.  I had the max rating to run at it for awhile, but didn't think some of my alternate decks were good enough to stand up to the incoming destruction. Turned out I was wrong :)

Altho, I finally got HL on him around the point where I can run every charm in the game.
« Last Edit: 19:39:53 - 05/30/11 by Alastair »
"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be." - Kurt Vonnegut.

I'm a bastard sometimes, don't think I don't see that- Sage Francis

Zenetar

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #110 on: 20:05:31 - 05/30/11 »

Fistulos

• Newcomer
« Reply #111 on: 19:48:31 - 08/10/11 »
How do you all feel about assassins being able to run with spirit / bane groups in the coliseum?

Gothmogged

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #112 on: 20:52:57 - 08/10/11 »

Callas got Highlord long ago, probably during the highlord wars.  I don't think he was the first assassin to do so, I think Hellmaster probably got it earlier than that.
151 Gothmogged uses [Violette's Roses]
Gothmogged targets Root of Corruption
Root of Corruption takes 125 melee damage
Root of Corruption is defeated.
229  Gothmogged uses [Nature's Claw]
Thornscourge the Defiled takes 212 melee damage
Thornscourge the Defiled is defeated.

Zenetar

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #113 on: 21:59:27 - 08/10/11 »
How do you all feel about assassins being able to run with spirit / bane groups in the coliseum?
at which level?
Both spi and bane require con dump, and most of the time assassins can't dump con heavily. so imo spirit is viable at lvl 47+ and banes at lvl 50

Fistulos

• Newcomer
« Reply #114 on: 22:29:05 - 08/10/11 »
I'm thinking more at the high end, whether I'd be better off in the long run with the class charms of an assassin or a DK if I want to run spirit or banes at 50.

Zenetar

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #115 on: 04:40:05 - 08/11/11 »
Choose Inquisitor then.

Alastair

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #116 on: 08:16:35 - 10/14/11 »
I'm thinking more at the high end, whether I'd be better off in the long run with the class charms of an assassin or a DK if I want to run spirit or banes at 50.

They can. I run a bane 2 with my alt Misericordia on occasion, and they win decently enough.  But this is 51 level here, with being able to run every charm in the game.
"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be." - Kurt Vonnegut.

I'm a bastard sometimes, don't think I don't see that- Sage Francis

Themonarch

• Newcomer
« Reply #117 on: 18:31:00 - 02/17/12 »
So I’m coming back to Estiah after a looong time off and wanted to run w/ some of my alts and I’ve got a lvl 27 Scout with the following stats:

Power - 88
Intellect - 156
Dexterity - 171
Constitution – 136

I was originally planning on making him an Assassin which I think I could still do.  My question is can I keep power my dump?   Should I shoot for the 450 Dexterity, 400 Intellect, and around 350 each of Power and Constitution mentioned in the thread and if so where do I go from there?

Alternatively, how painful would it be to try and turn him into an Inquisitor?  They seem to be far and away the best 1v1 (from what I’ve read, really I have no clue).  I don’t have a great start on my power but I think it’s still early enough to change (purely speculation, no real experience to base this off of).

Alternatively, I have a level 13 in the works that could pretty easily be made into an Inquisitor if I really want one.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Zenetar

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #118 on: 18:50:41 - 02/17/12 »
1)Power-dump or not:

You won't have the difference between Pow or Con dump up to lvl 46-47. Except for the ability to run Spirit as an alternative deck and you need Power for it.

In late game, power is a preferred option if you are running melee (Haunted Fang, Celestial Sword, Strength in Numbers - all require Power). For melee banes, high level Fists are very useful. And you still have the Spirit option.
On the other hand, Con is good for Magic/Aura decks but no Assassin would get a real edge with them.

So, to my money, Power>>>Con. You need like 350 con @lvl 50 to pass Archeological Adventurer quest and that's it.

2)Yes, it's possible, but you'll have to keep your Con low because Inqs are usually Con-dump

If I was you, I'd go for Warlord and dump Int. Warlords have a real edge in melee comparing to Assassins and equal to them in many other aspects. The only option that Warlord doesn't have is melee banes, but with [Gravity Spear] you can forget about it.