Author Topic: AllInOne - Greasemonkey script (version: 0.5.6)  (Read 174521 times)

Blacksol

• Faithful
Re: AllInOne - Greasemonkey script
« Reply #60 on: 15:06:36 - 01/21/10 »
I posted the following in another thread:

I just found this script while wandering on the net : http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/30891
It's a cool one, allowing to add nots to items when hovering them (the note is added to the description, in a different color) although I got the same problem as I had with the Available skills script (http://forum.estiah.com/index.php?topic=3402.msg52852#new).

Anyway I was wondering about who the author was and if this could be added to the AllInOne next patch, this would be so great  ;D
Thanks again to all working on those scripts for Estiah players, you guys are awesome!

1. Tested it and it works for me on items in inventory.

2. Items in storage can have notes added but do not show up when mouseover item.  Also when reclaimed from storage any notes are then lost (this may not be fixable??).

3. The script moves the XXg & sell/reclaim/lock buttons to first row of box from second row which then overlaps with text of longer named items. Having the note button right next to the sell/reclaim buttons also means a slight mis-click could have an unintended consequence (especially on reclaim as no confirmation)

4. a popup box appears whenever the inventory page is loaded/refreshed stating "The page at http://www.estiah.com says:     IMPORTANT: Remove this line from json2.js before deployment."

The concept appears good but the script could do with some display tweaks and bug fixes. I will post in all-in-one forum thread.

If this were to be implemented then it may nicer to have pop-up box to enter a note in rather than the box at the top right of the screen.

Above in this thread I posted the following suggestion:

how about another toggle for each item on the inventory screen to mark it for sale, eg  like the lock button that that colors the border yellow but instead say colors it green.  It would be excellent if this could also apply to the items in storage too. That way when i look at the wiki and discover the item has no use to me I can mark it for sale and when i am in a city with a decent exchange rate i can sell it. 

Alternatively/additionally just have a couple of characters that toggle the color of the border and the user can decide what the colors mean, eg left of exchange rate perhaps have [G] for blue or green.  Or one toggle that cycles through colors (other than yellow which means locked), eg blue, green, red, brown, white - or whatever colors stand out.  A user could then have their own coding, eg to be reclaimed, to be sold, to donate to guild, to feed to pet, etc

Does the script Sparky found provide a mechanism to implement this suggestion, whether by way of notes, box colours, toggles or some other way?  Notes would be handy as could then type meaningful notes eg keep 5 to craft XX charm

I echo Sparky's thanks for all who work on these scripts.  :)

Sheira

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #61 on: 15:45:43 - 01/21/10 »
Maybe it would help if you could tell me, why you would need something like inventory notes. The possibilities i can see are fairly limited.

Colored borders in the inventory are possible without much effort, the problem here would be how to implement this in the inventory page without breaking it. Cycling does not clutter the page but has problems with too many colors, other methods might clutter the page too much. If you know of some other ways let me know.

You posted in another thread about highlights in the gear builder and I have to update my statement: This is possible and might come in one of the next releases.

Blacksol

• Faithful
« Reply #62 on: 03:45:08 - 01/22/10 »
Maybe it would help if you could tell me, why you would need something like inventory notes. The possibilities i can see are fairly limited.

Main reason as stated above is to mark an item for sale so do not have to rely on memory and/or check wiki again before selling, other possible reasons are:
- keep for crafting (notes could then state for what charm(s) but can do this currently on paper/spreadsheet etc)
- keep for building (but can remember this easily enough generally)
- keep for donation to guild ie donate once red
- keep to feed to pet (wouldn't use it myself but could be a reason)

At its most basic:
- storage items - mark for future reclaimation, anything else is presumably saleable
- inventory items - mark for sale where reclaimed before got decent price or now no longer useful and can be sold to free up space
For this would need one toggle on both inventory and storage items which could perhaps go to the left of exchange rates on second row where there is seemingly a gap?

Sheira

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #63 on: 22:55:39 - 02/04/10 »
And a new release again. This time it's 0.3.0.

This is a rewrite of the script and should fix all bugs and problems. Pretty much every addon has atleast one tiny change, but look for yourself. If this version runs stable I'll come around to add some of the new ideas. New in this version are besides all the bugfixes: ExtraGears (pretty much the same as GearSlots, but different), MultiArena (like MultiGatherer but for the arena).

Also: If anyone is interested in writing a tutorial for this script, let me know.

Cornuthaum

• Adventurer
« Reply #64 on: 04:05:39 - 02/05/10 »
I love you so very, very much. <3 AIO reduces repetitive clickery in estiah by 75% :D
Give a man a fire and he's warm for the rest of the day.
Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Dreizen

• Newcomer
« Reply #65 on: 06:00:42 - 02/05/10 »
I have it installed and enabled, yet it does not show.  There is no tab beside the guild.
I have other scripts such as extra gear slots v2.1, wikipages etc.. not sure if they conflict.
Any solutions to this?

Bazabaza

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #66 on: 06:10:21 - 02/05/10 »
umm, step 1: export your CityView info before updating? :)
I havent exported and now it seems to be gone.... :(

I havent noticed any tiny changes at first glance, but the new addons seem to work (in fact everything seems to work :)). ExtraGears especially seems like a very good idea :)

@Dreizen: I have no idea what could be wrong but I dont think they conflict. they all work fine for me now (although I had some weird problems in the past too :S)

Sheira

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #67 on: 10:22:31 - 02/05/10 »
@Dreizen: Clear the Error Console, open the character page, send me the content of the Error Console per PM.

@Bazabaza: I thought I didn't change anything there. Could you please send me all the data you get when you click on export?
Scratch that, I found the problem, fix will be here soon.
CityView problem fixed, just install the new version (0.3.1) and it should work automatically.
« Last Edit: 11:11:37 - 02/05/10 by Sheira »

Bazabaza

• Bunny Cultist
Re: AllInOne - Greasemonkey script (version: 0.3.1)
« Reply #68 on: 18:32:30 - 02/05/10 »
I didnt even click export or anything :)
but it works now with 0.3.1, thanks for the update :)

Slalderma

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • the Troubadour Warrior
« Reply #69 on: 19:39:09 - 02/05/10 »
Why does ExtraGears fail to save/load charms that have been archived?  How is it that GearSlots handles this OK?
slalderma / slickal / rebelscum / sukelywalker / badmotivator
berzerker / pyro / hierarch / deathknight / warden
Slyguy: Shortdeck is the answer to everything.

Sheira

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #70 on: 20:02:45 - 02/05/10 »
It would be possible to load archived charms, but my script only handles stuff that could be done without scripts, too. Loading charms into a gear, which are still in the archive, can't be done without 'cheating', so the script doesn't do it. Some reasons are:
- You can't do anything stupid like loading charms you don't even have or otherwise screwing with the gear builder.
- Because the extra gears are editable it would be confusing if archived charms could be in them.
I may introduce an 'unsafe' load, but not sure about that. At the moment it shows you which charms could not be loaded so you can either unarchive them or update them with new ones.
If enough people are really annoyed by this, but want the other functions from ExtraGears that can't be done by GearSlots, let me know.

Bazabaza

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #71 on: 21:39:47 - 02/05/10 »
@Dreizen: a friend of mine had a similar problem, he then updated his firefox and now it works, so if you're using an older version of firefox try updating it to the latest version :)

Slalderma

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • the Troubadour Warrior
« Reply #72 on: 22:31:12 - 02/05/10 »
It would be possible to load archived charms, but my script only handles stuff that could be done without scripts, too. Loading charms into a gear, which are still in the archive, can't be done without 'cheating', so the script doesn't do it. Some reasons are:
- You can't do anything stupid like loading charms you don't even have or otherwise screwing with the gear builder.
- Because the extra gears are editable it would be confusing if archived charms could be in them.
I may introduce an 'unsafe' load, but not sure about that. At the moment it shows you which charms could not be loaded so you can either unarchive them or update them with new ones.
If enough people are really annoyed by this, but want the other functions from ExtraGears that can't be done by GearSlots, let me know.

Yeah - I did a bit of testing when Srdja released the "loadable" gearslots - I tried loading charms I didn't have (took a gear from my hierarch and tried loading it on my zerk) and it didn't work.  The Estiah gear builder already has some error checking in place.  You should be able to use the same "cheat" or "route" that GearSlots does to make ExtraGears do the same thing.  'cause I don't want to unarchive a bunch of charms just to run WoL again.
slalderma / slickal / rebelscum / sukelywalker / badmotivator
berzerker / pyro / hierarch / deathknight / warden
Slyguy: Shortdeck is the answer to everything.

Swata

• Wanderer
« Reply #73 on: 22:42:22 - 02/05/10 »
Extra gears looks more user friendly than Gear slots - congrats.

It's minor, but why is ColiGear wiped after every upgrade while other options persists?

Sheira

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
Re: AllInOne - Greasemonkey script (version: 0.3.2)
« Reply #74 on: 23:06:35 - 02/05/10 »
ColiGears had some bugs (did not always select the right gear), so I reworked it. It now saves the gears completely different, converting isn't that easy and it's only minor, so I did not make a conversion tool for the data. But this should be the first update that wipes this data.

The mentioned error really was a problem with older Firefox versions. 0.3.2 will now run with older Firefox versions again. I tested with Firefox 3.0, but even older versions may function, too. I also fixed a small bug in ExtraGears.
« Last Edit: 23:44:27 - 02/05/10 by Sheira »