Author Topic: Worst fight replays!  (Read 102496 times)

Rdshepherd

• Faithful
Re: Worst fight replays!
« Reply #30 on: 17:34:23 - 10/08/09 »
http://www.estiah.com/character/combat/replay/id/11128100/owner/28150

This is the closest I have ever been to beating the Flesh Monstrosity. I was so close!
I let loose an "AAAAAAARRRGH!!" loud enough to shake the walls.
If a single protect or Sky Seal had been played differently, it would have been miiine....

I know you didn't ask but I'd drop the sleep potions and add a bit more protect if you have it.  I'm assuming you can't use white sealing orbs.  Those + sky seals make it almost an insta-win.   :)

Vwraith

• Adventurer
« Reply #31 on: 22:26:03 - 10/08/09 »
Unfortuanately I never picked up any White Sealing orbs, nor do I have the Constitution to wield them. I sure regret it now.
This Gear just doesnt seem to be able to pull the right charms. Maybe I should take some out so that I actually pull the charms I want.
5/42 in some situations is a little optimistic.

Selected gear: 42/42 charms
Sylan Sword x5
Rogue Cutlass x5
Challenger's Blade x5
Sky Elemental Seal x5
Hastened Strike x1
Golem Shield x3
Honor Legplates x1
Terrine's Heavy Shield x1
Rapier x5
Honor Claymore x5
Honor Fire Staff x3
Demon Embrace x3

Broodax

• Faithful
« Reply #32 on: 22:42:24 - 10/13/09 »
So close... This event is probably not meant to be done at my level... Does anyone see a better way to do this, by chance?
http://www.estiah.com/character/combat/replay/id/11427798/owner/27118

Keyar

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #33 on: 03:52:32 - 10/14/09 »
Unfortuanately I never picked up any White Sealing orbs, nor do I have the Constitution to wield them. I sure regret it now.
This Gear just doesnt seem to be able to pull the right charms. Maybe I should take some out so that I actually pull the charms I want.
5/42 in some situations is a little optimistic.

Selected gear: 42/42 charms
Sylan Sword x5
Rogue Cutlass x5
Challenger's Blade x5
Sky Elemental Seal x5
Hastened Strike x1
Golem Shield x3
Honor Legplates x1
Terrine's Heavy Shield x1
Rapier x5
Honor Claymore x5
Honor Fire Staff x3
Demon Embrace x3

When I did the dungeon I never bothered with protecting or using any charms to help the others. What I would use if I were you is more armor and more dual, even if it's the lvl10 earth charms or something. Also, I'd skip the rapiers and hastened strike, they hurt more than they help imo. But really, more armor is the way to go, the longer you get into the fight, the more damage you do. Forget about protecting your allies and start protecting yourself instead, it's worked for all my characters.
Charms like Invoke Defender and Living Armor are great for the fight buyt normal armor works too.
Official killer of threads.
Trollin your threads without even realizing it.

Keyar uses [Ice Spikes]
Astroblade takes 458 magic damage (274 warded, 3 pierced)
Astroblade takes 732 magic damage
Astroblade takes 732 magic damage

I love LotA fight 2...

Broodax

• Faithful
« Reply #34 on: 04:14:04 - 10/14/09 »
I think I disagree with Keyar, though I'm sure his way works, so I think you can probably have luck either way.  5 group ward charms, 8-9 protect/armors, 10-15 EAs (use more EA, it's a lot of free damage because the damage increase is a bane), and the rest dual damage is how I did it, with probably 80% success.  Your teammates can do a lot of the damage for you.

Kyoudou

• Faithful
  • Princess of Nodion
« Reply #35 on: 09:49:38 - 10/14/09 »

Schutzengel

• Magic
  • High Mediator
  • Bunny Cultist
  • Tired of burning.
« Reply #36 on: 15:51:04 - 10/14/09 »
How the hell did I lose?

http://www.estiah.com/character/combat/replay/id/11419972/owner/22263

Shadowspawn Fang
Challenger's Twin Blades
Thor's Fist
Sylan Daggers
Sylan Sword

Your deck is not so optimized to get full boost for Battle Tempo. This is why you lose.
[20:01]   <wl>   that happens if you let schutz design a dungeon! only charms for himself :P

Rdshepherd

• Faithful
« Reply #37 on: 17:08:00 - 10/14/09 »
I think I disagree with Keyar, though I'm sure his way works, so I think you can probably have luck either way.  5 group ward charms, 8-9 protect/armors, 10-15 EAs (use more EA, it's a lot of free damage because the damage increase is a bane), and the rest dual damage is how I did it, with probably 80% success.  Your teammates can do a lot of the damage for you.

Both ways would work just fine (and I've run it both ways quite a few times) but the absolute best approach I found was keeping the students alive.  With sky seals, white orbs and about 10 protect charms, you don't even need more than 5-7 dual damage cards to win this fight something like 99% of the time... including qualifying for the achievement about 75% of the time.  EAs were great before the "bane patch" but I wouldn't recommend them any longer.

I have to admit that it is kind of fun loading up on armor and beating the crap out him yourself though.   :)

Manores

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #38 on: 22:10:33 - 10/14/09 »
ENOUGH!

This thread is pointless. If a fight is "worst" from one side, it's best from the other perspective :P Why do we need 2 threads for the same thing? :P

Broodax

• Faithful
« Reply #39 on: 22:13:14 - 10/14/09 »
Dungeon monsters don't usually come on the forums to post, though.

Kyoudou

• Faithful
  • Princess of Nodion
« Reply #40 on: 12:52:11 - 10/15/09 »
Shadowspawn Fang
Challenger's Twin Blades
Thor's Fist
Sylan Daggers
Sylan Sword

Your deck is not so optimized to get full boost for Battle Tempo. This is why you lose.

Uh yeah probably. Don't have enough good fists. It was a half-assed CPB based deck, the Battle Tempo was just for the lulz.

Also I won the next time he decided to attack me, that ought to teach him a lesson. :|

...Fuck my PvP sucks

the fist runes in my deck are: shadowspawn fang/hyphused beater/challenger's smasher/charged fist  :P

Aplsos

• Bunny Cultist
  • i feel the ghosts screaming phoenix inside me
« Reply #41 on: 16:10:53 - 10/15/09 »
Battle Tempo is barely worth considering for Champions as it is, anyone else has no real use for it.

Jmackxiii

• The BanAxe
  • High Mediator
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #42 on: 21:12:23 - 10/15/09 »
Battle Tempo is barely worth considering for Champions as it is, anyone else has no real use for it.

Tempo with the Crests are actually usable... If you get a Champ team running that and Kiai....
In the forums, MODDING your topicz

Qqchampion

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #43 on: 21:16:23 - 10/16/09 »
http://www.estiah.com/character/combat/replay/id/11595391/owner/17295

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Yeah, I know it wasn't even close, but I raged. HARD.

"Let's see how many times we can break focus, guys!"
[21:39] <Morthalius> I'm going to be farming crystalite sprouts till lil baby jesus is back in diapers as decrepit geriatric jesus :(

Fenrir

• Bunny Cultist
  • This place looks different
« Reply #44 on: 14:41:21 - 10/17/09 »
[18:26] <manoresAFK> fenrir completes achievement: [Nay can question my incosistent SnT hits!]