Author Topic: Skills discussion  (Read 56895 times)

Mith

• Newcomer
Re: Skills discussion
« Reply #15 on: 04:48:47 - 06/11/08 »
Courage is for PvP, heroism seems to be for raids (I personally only have it against the colossus so far, so maybe somebody else can confirm whether it shows up for non-bosses).  Both of those were for 2 levels above me.

Seth

• Veteran
  • Faithful
  • Deathknight since...
« Reply #16 on: 11:15:13 - 06/12/08 »
Courage is for PvP, heroism seems to be for raids (I personally only have it against the colossus so far, so maybe somebody else can confirm whether it shows up for non-bosses).  Both of those were for 2 levels above me.

Confirmed.

Heroism - 10 points for defeating an NPC 2 levels higher than you in an offensive combat (you are attacking)
EDIT: Heroism seems to work only in dungeons. Arena monster I tried didn't provide it.
Courage - 6 points for defeating a PC 2 levels higher than you in an offensive combat

Further:

Balance - use approximetly equal number of ward, armor, melee and magic combat charms. Armor/wards and melee/magic don't necessarily need to be equal. (I got Balance with a setup of 3-3 melee/magic and 2-2 ward/armor charms) Tech, boosts and such doesn't matter.
Note: also keep in mind that double-charms - such as Yeti's horn - are consider as 1-1 of both types.

Tactitian - easy to train if you use at least 38% penetrating charms (frost charms, twin blades)

Cruelty - 3 points for defeating lower level PC (min 4 levels lower - Corrected)

Burst - something to do with boosted attacks, like Empowerment
Difference might be that I gained burst when using boost only on one kind of attack (+15 melee), while Empowerment was given after the gear that uses boost to both types (+7 melee, +7 magic)
« Last Edit: 07:49:12 - 06/13/08 by Seth »

Kasyn

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • in ur forumz moddin EVERYONE
« Reply #17 on: 10:48:26 - 06/16/08 »
As far as burst and empowerment go, I think empowerment is just from using the actual powerup charms, burst is doing a significant chunk of damage to the opponent with a powered up attack.  I know I've used a ton of powerups and maybe ended up only doing 10 damage because of armor and only leveled empowerment, but when I get a good bit of damage in it will level burst.
<slalderma> birlimpir whispers in your nightmares
<Tobliz> birlimpir was old when the world was young

Light

• Faithful
« Reply #18 on: 19:03:38 - 06/23/08 »
As far as burst and empowerment go, I think empowerment is just from using the actual powerup charms, burst is doing a significant chunk of damage to the opponent with a powered up attack.  I know I've used a ton of powerups and maybe ended up only doing 10 damage because of armor and only leveled empowerment, but when I get a good bit of damage in it will level burst.

i checked my 3 fights where i got burst and i think it's doubling a charm's attack power... i mean if a charm is 29 and you do 58 you get burst, because in 2 of the fights i make a high damage crit, but in the last one i get burst with a holy charm doing 27 (base damage 13)

Deathlyone

• Bunny Cultist
  • I am EA'ing right behind you.
« Reply #19 on: 17:18:37 - 07/16/08 »
Self Defence looks like it is for defending yourself from other players. I am not sure about winning tho.
I hate ratings.....

Kasyn

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • in ur forumz moddin EVERYONE
« Reply #20 on: 05:04:03 - 07/24/08 »
Self Defence looks like it is for defending yourself from other players. I am not sure about winning tho.

Yeah, Self Defense is when you win as a defender in a PvP encounter.
<slalderma> birlimpir whispers in your nightmares
<Tobliz> birlimpir was old when the world was young

Light

• Faithful
« Reply #21 on: 22:26:53 - 08/03/08 »
so anyone knows how sap goes?

Musingplatypus

• Wanderer
« Reply #22 on: 22:54:47 - 08/03/08 »
so anyone knows how sap goes?

I believe sap skills up when you use non-class poison charms. 

Einar

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #23 on: 23:53:03 - 08/03/08 »
Yep.  I maxed it pretty easily playing several Brawler's Poison along with Wildor's Daggers / Burn.

Light

• Faithful
« Reply #24 on: 11:25:16 - 08/04/08 »
what about reflexes?

Ender

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #25 on: 11:39:51 - 08/04/08 »
Are you sure it's a combat skill??

I don't know whether it is, but if I remember well I saw a job called Circus Acrobat that gave Reflexes as a reward...

Stjohn

• Veteran
  • Faithful
« Reply #26 on: 14:04:06 - 08/04/08 »
Some combat skills can also be earned by doing some jobs ...

Minrhael

• Wanderer
« Reply #27 on: 21:38:13 - 08/04/08 »
Anyone have any more info on empowerment/burst skills?  Recently have done 33dmg with a 13charm, and 41dmg with a 14charm and gotten 0 points in empowerment or burst.  Since both totals were slightly less than 3x the charm damage, I'm thinking maybe it has to be triple damage to get burst?  Or the game doesn't like me!

Nastharl

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #28 on: 00:07:28 - 08/05/08 »
Burst is doing a certain % of enemies health in one shot, empowerment is just using lots of boost damage abilities.

Deathlyone

• Bunny Cultist
  • I am EA'ing right behind you.
« Reply #29 on: 22:49:36 - 08/17/08 »
I just tried to get burst by fighting a level 4, I got 0 burst points/empowerment. I did like 30-40 something damage to him and no empowerment.
I hate ratings.....