Author Topic: Skills discussion  (Read 56900 times)

Lyana

• High Mediator
  • Bunny Cultist
Skills discussion
« on: 00:40:37 - 06/06/08 »
Please discuss here all you found about skills and their formulas

Lyana

• High Mediator
  • Bunny Cultist
Re: Skills discussion
« Reply #1 on: 00:41:49 - 06/06/08 »
Taken from Ogrilla :

Tactician:  I seem to gain points in this whenever I use charms with a high penetration percentage.  Leveling up twin blades (High P) leveled up Tactician nearly as fast.  I'm presuming it has to do with the total amount of damage dealt through armor/wards.

Spirituality:  I gain points in this whenever I have a single charm left when the battle is won.

Survival and Cheat Death:  Both related to having low hp when the battle is won.  I haven't worked out the percentage but Survival is low and Cheat Death is VERY low.

Recklessness:  When you win with no armor/wards played.  Interestingly, some support charms like Protect are not counted as armor/wards, so you can level this if you use them for defense.

Balance:  I've only started getting this with the gears I use, but presumably it has to do with the proportions of offense and defense, weapons and spells, etc.  I don't have it nailed down yet.

Heroism:  Also a very new one to me.  I got +10 of it for defeating the first round of a level 10 dungeon at level 7.

Kasyn

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • in ur forumz moddin EVERYONE
« Reply #2 on: 02:20:38 - 06/06/08 »
Regarding Cheat Death, I believe it is a little more specific than Survival.  I haven't seen it gained any other way than being at 1 HP and winning by exhaustion.
<slalderma> birlimpir whispers in your nightmares
<Tobliz> birlimpir was old when the world was young

Ogrilla

• Newcomer
« Reply #3 on: 04:33:54 - 06/06/08 »
It's definitely not from exhaustion and 1 hp alone.  Here's an example from this mornings PvP run:

http://www.estiah.com/character/combat/replay/id/33849/owner/10299

+5 on Cheat Death there, but neither exhausted nor 1 hp.

I'll have to dig through my fight logs a bit to figure out the specific percentage, but it seems like <10%.  I'll see if I can come up with a list of gears that leveled Balance as well.

Kasyn

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • in ur forumz moddin EVERYONE
« Reply #4 on: 04:43:21 - 06/06/08 »
It could have something to do with surviving a few hits at a critical %, and then going on to win the match by any means.
<slalderma> birlimpir whispers in your nightmares
<Tobliz> birlimpir was old when the world was young

Arimith

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #5 on: 05:07:34 - 06/06/08 »
Empowerment (still needs a spelling fix): charge up your attack a few times, not sure exactly what it is, but I think you have to deal about 50% of the enemies max hp in 1 blow.

Destruction: I got 1 point on this, I think for doing a lot of armour damage.
Loose is what your underwear is when the elastic breaks
Lose is what then happens to your dignity

Ogrilla

• Newcomer
« Reply #6 on: 05:51:15 - 06/06/08 »
I second Destruction being high armor damage, I dinged it a few times after gearing up Bronze Dismantlers.

Mith

• Newcomer
« Reply #7 on: 06:59:04 - 06/06/08 »
I'm pretty sure Cheat Death is triggering the conditions for both Survival (roughly, <=10% HP left) and Spirituality (roughly, <=10% of charms in deck left) in the same fight; in that case you get neither Survival nor Spirituality points.

Burst: Deal at least 35% of your opponent's max HP in one shot.  I think you don't get to add together the totals for a two-part charm (like Earth magic) but it's a while since I checked.  This invalidates Arimith's description of Empowerment; I don't know what exactly the criteria are for that, but it's obviously from attack/magic powerup.

Do some of these top out at level 1, or get stricter conditions?  I've been level 10 for a while and thought I should have gotten some Spirituality and Recklessness points beyond level 1 mastery.

Nipal

• Bunny Mob
  • Bunnies
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #8 on: 10:08:52 - 06/06/08 »
I've been level 10 for a while and thought I should have gotten some Spirituality and Recklessness..

i'll answer this because i think some misinformation has been given out on the other thread. level 10 unlocks rank two
of some skills, definitely not all of them. but i can't tell more ~~

Lezard

• Bunny Demon
  • Bunnies
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #9 on: 11:25:06 - 06/07/08 »
because !
because of what??

Please stop the useless spam, this was a serious discussion.

I am removing the last few posts.

Mcgunner

• Newcomer
« Reply #10 on: 15:47:51 - 06/08/08 »
http://www.estiah.com/character/combat/replay/id/33713/owner/10444

i got 5 [balance] there. i used apporximatly the same amount of defensive charms as i did attack ones. so that is probably why i got the points.

Einar

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #11 on: 21:04:50 - 06/10/08 »
Heroism:  Also a very new one to me.  I got +10 of it for defeating the first round of a level 10 dungeon at level 7.

I'm going to put 2 and 2 together here and say you gain points when attacking a/an (n)pc of at least 2 levels higher than your own.  The first level npc of the level 10 dungeon you speak of (I'm guessing the battle tournament) is 9.  I've also seen this skill awarded after a fight in which a pc attacked another pc 2 levels above his own.

http://www.estiah.com/character/combat/replay/id/45455/owner/10294

I believe it's only when you initiate the fight though.  I've won a few battles when players 2-3 levels above have attacked me and I have nothing in Heroism.  Makes sense though, it's more courageous to start a fight against a superior opponent than defend against theirs.

Wait -- memory was off.  I just watched that replay and realized it was a Courage skill I was thinking of and not Heroism.  Maybe Courage refers to pvp encounters and Heroism to npc encounters?

Light

• Faithful
« Reply #12 on: 21:07:47 - 06/10/08 »
do you know if heroism / courage work as well in pvp?

Edenn

• Newcomer
« Reply #13 on: 22:42:18 - 06/10/08 »
do you know if heroism / courage work as well in pvp?

unfortunately yes they do,  :(   

I know from personal experience that if you are attacked by someone 2 levels lower than you and you lose, the other guys gets heroism

.... :(

Einar

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #14 on: 23:00:21 - 06/10/08 »
Hmm...but the battle I linked didn't provide a boost to heroism -- just courage.  Guess it's not as simple then. :D