Author Topic: Resistance guild looking for challenges of similar size  (Read 2598 times)

Defender

• Adventurer
We have finally reached 12 members and would like to have some guild battles especially with brand-new guilds like us.

All of our members are 20- except 2. Please send a PM Defender or a battle request if you are part of a guild of similar strength.

Thanks!
Viva la Resistance!

Dissident

• Bunny Cultist
  • Thank god for hotfixes :V
Re: Resistance guild looking for challenges of similar size
« Reply #1 on: 23:42:24 - 07/04/09 »
Dude, this isn't guild recruitment area..

Defender

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: 00:19:30 - 07/05/09 »
Dude, this isn't guild recruitment area..

And? I'm not looking for members here. I'm trying to find some other guilds to have guild battles.
Viva la Resistance!

Dollstate

• Faithful
« Reply #3 on: 19:35:49 - 07/05/09 »
You get your AP back if a Battle Request expires, so just sort the guild list by rating and start sending requests to everybody within 500 rating points of you that has 12 or more members.  Some will be accepted.  The next day when a bunch of them expire, do it again until you've tried them all two or three times.  Keep track of who is accepting your requests, so you can save time in the future by not wasting them on nonresponsive guilds. 

It may be tempting to hurry up and build your War Banner so that you can siege those nonresponsive guilds, but in my experience it's not worth it.  You'll get more by doing battle requests and there are (just barely) enough responsive guilds out there that you only have to battle each one once a week or so. 

Defender

• Adventurer
« Reply #4 on: 13:53:26 - 07/06/09 »
You get your AP back if a Battle Request expires, so just sort the guild list by rating and start sending requests to everybody within 500 rating points of you that has 12 or more members.  Some will be accepted.  The next day when a bunch of them expire, do it again until you've tried them all two or three times.  Keep track of who is accepting your requests, so you can save time in the future by not wasting them on nonresponsive guilds.  

It may be tempting to hurry up and build your War Banner so that you can siege those nonresponsive guilds, but in my experience it's not worth it.  You'll get more by doing battle requests and there are (just barely) enough responsive guilds out there that you only have to battle each one once a week or so.  

Thanks for the insight! I really appreciate it.

I was hoping to getting in touch with GM's of start-ups but the way you suggested seems like the best course of action to be taken.

Edit:

Regarding the war banner, some experienced players in our guild has already explained that it would not be a good idea to build war banner so soon, so we are not doing it.
Viva la Resistance!

Kyoudou

• Faithful
  • Princess of Nodion
« Reply #5 on: 14:09:19 - 07/06/09 »
Regarding the war banner, some experienced players in our guild has already explained that it would not be a good idea to build war banner so soon, so we are not doing it.

It really depends on you, building War Banner is like a giant button saying "press me if you want to get your ass kicked at low level!!" if you're low level, if you're not low level, it screams "press me if you want to beat the shit out of low levels!!" pretty much.

Our guild built War Banner quite early, and as a result we have been doing none-too-well against some of the older guilds, but honestly, we don't care, since we can defeat guilds that are our own level. And sometimes we get requests from other guilds and we lose them too xD

It's all in good fun, though. X)