Phara

• ''
  • Veteran
  • Wanderer
  • ''
    • ''
Ghost
« on: 07:19:00 - 05/27/08 »
I play estiah since months and I just add an idea. Normally, in most of games, when you fight a ghost, melee attacks do not work at all. I think it should be the same here. It's logic. How can you hurt something which has no consistency?
''

Stjohn

• Veteran
  • Faithful
Re: Ghost
« Reply #1 on: 08:34:28 - 05/27/08 »
Everything is possible in the Estiah World :D !

More seriously, I think it's more a balance problem than a background issue ... If the Wandering Ghost in Zeal (for example) could not be hit by melee, the fight would be much tougher. Players don't have enough magic weapon, and a lot penetration would be needed for this fight ... Of course, this monster could be re-designed, but I (personally) don't play Estiah for its background, so I really don't care :D !

Phara

• ''
  • Veteran
  • Wanderer
  • ''
    • ''
« Reply #2 on: 09:21:14 - 05/27/08 »
maybe but I care  :P

in the beta, I only add melee charms and for a boss I add to buy 10 lighting charms. They could do the same.
''

Stjohn

• Veteran
  • Faithful
« Reply #3 on: 09:30:04 - 05/27/08 »
But not for a lvl 7 donjon :p !

Lezard

• Bunny Demon
  • Bunnies
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #4 on: 09:44:04 - 05/27/08 »
Ghosts without any material form are harmless to people. They can be scary or play pranks by running through doors when you expect it the less, but that's all there is to it.

However, some ghosts are so full of hartred or sorrow that they slowly build a material form from these strong emotions. This is where it gets dangerous: their appareance is no longer bound to their former self and could evolve indefinitely, becoming real threads. The most potent ghosts can even use the duality of their psychical/material form to sear right through the mind of their victims.

This is where the adventurer's help is needed! By bashing those materialized ghosts hard enough, their "survival" instincts will surface and they will revert to their original harmless form.

Nipal

• Bunny Mob
  • Bunnies
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #5 on: 18:21:48 - 05/27/08 »
btw, who has seen a ghost already ? i always believed they looked like red-eyed bunnies and we could crush them with
a heavy mace. that's why physical damage works against ghosts in estiah, sorry if my imagination just runs (too) wild  :P