Author Topic: Guilds Halls location in Class detail pages  (Read 2209 times)

Stjohn

• Veteran
  • Faithful
Guilds Halls location in Class detail pages
« on: 13:23:20 - 05/23/08 »
Why do the class detail pages (ex.: http://www.estiah.com/class/detail/id/1) don't show the corresponding guild hall location? It's sometimes easier to look at these pages than searching for information at the world map.

Kasyn

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • in ur forumz moddin EVERYONE
Re: Guilds Halls location in Class detail pages
« Reply #1 on: 13:29:38 - 05/23/08 »
I think it's just fine to have it on the map.  You only do the class change once for each class, it doesn't seem to be a huge issue.  I mean, an extra 10 seconds of effort for something that changes your character forever doesn't really hurt much. 

Besides, by the time you're high enough level to actually change you'll probably have most of the locations memorized, or at least for the classes you want.
<slalderma> birlimpir whispers in your nightmares
<Tobliz> birlimpir was old when the world was young

Nipal

• Bunny Mob
  • Bunnies
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #2 on: 14:02:54 - 05/23/08 »
there is another reason to it. class details are public, that means you don't have to log in to see them.
while guild halls need authentication. visitors who didn't register don't care about location anyway i think,
we can add city location to detail pages, but they are really intended for new players.

Stjohn

• Veteran
  • Faithful
« Reply #3 on: 15:17:23 - 05/23/08 »
Hmm I don't fully agree.

First Kasyn, I don't only need to know the location the first time I'll change class, but I'll often forgot (from my experience :D) it after that time. It's really easier to have a look directly on my class page to know where it was. It will also help casual player to remember it, and help remembering where your T2 guild hall is located when you will be T3. Estiah is also meant for casual player ;) !

Then Nipal, the description is public, but there are others details inside class page that visitors will not care about at all, for example which trials are needed for T3. It's not less or more important to someone who has never played the game than a city location. You could say that indicating trial shows that the game as a lot of donjon depth, but the city location shows that there is a huge map to travel ...

The problem here is that I don't see the downside to put one single more line for each class. But if it is just me, I guess I'll take 30 seconds each time I will need to go there :D.

Nipal

• Bunny Mob
  • Bunnies
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #4 on: 15:50:01 - 05/23/08 »
but why do you have to go to guild halls that often O.o as a player, i only go there when needed : when i meet
all requirements to specialize into a class. then when i need to buy class charms, let's say... once every three
levels after l20.

anyway, i may include guild hall location to detail page if i don't forget it later. actually, we wanted to let players
to find out locations theirselves, we put them on maps only because we realize it's not easy to move around
in estiah.