Author Topic: Other browser games?  (Read 36174 times)

Manores

• Bunny Cultist
Other browser games?
« on: 20:43:15 - 03/15/09 »
I know you all thought that I was going to ask what other browser games you are playing or have played. I might check another one to waste my time between Estiah ticks.

But first I want to make sure that it's not going to offend the devs. I really like Estiah, appreciate the effort Lez and Nip are putting in and enjoy the game, and I don't want to bring up a topic that might "advertise" the (kind of) competition. Do you think I should PM them or they'll just catch this topic?

Kasyn

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • in ur forumz moddin EVERYONE
Re: Other browser games?
« Reply #1 on: 21:08:21 - 03/15/09 »
I'm sure they'll find the topic and likely have no problem with it. If they did that would be like Blizzard banning people for talking about other MMOs while playing WoW - you have to expect that most of those people have played or still play other games - same thing applies here.  As for me, I used to play Tribal Wars (got bored and quit after a clannie and I dominated our area and wars dried up), Urban Dead (great game, but extremely limited in what you can do, I quit after I had multiple characters that had literally mastered every possible skill) and Nexus War. (NW was fun and monstrously open-ended and full of content, was a bit too difficult to get into such a crazy game with a late start)
<slalderma> birlimpir whispers in your nightmares
<Tobliz> birlimpir was old when the world was young

Frostnova

• Faithful
« Reply #2 on: 21:21:50 - 03/15/09 »
played tribalwar, Ikariam, Travian, ImperiaOnline and so forth. as you can see i am mostly a strategy man. Estiah is my first and only MMORPG

Manores

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #3 on: 21:40:39 - 03/15/09 »
I have played Travian, (tried) Ikariam, Imperia Online. Right now Estiah and The West. I was pretty bored with a lot of people focus-firing you at the first three. Estiah is a pretty good one with balancing single player with multi-player options. Guild thing is also doing good in here, and I'm sure it will get better. The West might have some potential but I guess you need to have a good company there to have fun. I wouldn't mind playing another Estiah-style game, where single player and multi-player game balanced and your efforts can't be wasted by a bunch of idiots.

While I was writing I remembered that I also gave Duels a shot. I didn't like the way the card stuff working, randomness adds fun - upto some point, after that it's pure frustration.

Wolfsoul

• The Pic Maniac
  • Animator
  • Bunny Cultist
  • in ur forumz, trollin yer topixz
« Reply #4 on: 23:26:26 - 03/15/09 »
kasyn been in hive malton, thats interesting...

• Wolf hit you with an axe for 3 damage. (2 hours and 23 minutes ago)
    ...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again...and again
  • You were killed by Wolf. (2 hours and 30 minutes ago)
  • Wolf dumped your body out onto the street. (2 hours and 31 minutes ago)

Possible actions [Stand up]

YGBSM
[20:31]   <Schutz|Work>   Lez trolls much better than wolfz! :p
We make server cry with Tears of Blood

Arimith

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #5 on: 04:50:55 - 03/16/09 »
(NW was fun and monstrously open-ended and full of content, was a bit too difficult to get into such a crazy game with a late start)

Really? It should only take you a few months to get your characters up to endgame, and by that tme, while you won't have the versatility of characters who've been around for years, you should have about the same raw power.
Also note there is a massive metagame element in Nexus War, if you're not going to play that then you won't get the most out of the game.
Loose is what your underwear is when the elastic breaks
Lose is what then happens to your dignity

Srdja

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #6 on: 10:05:56 - 03/16/09 »
Heh, I think I started way back with Planetarion. After that I played Planetia for a while, and then Archspace. Archspace was really fun, too bad the site just went down suddenly and I have no idea what happened to it :(

I also played Ikariam for a while with my friends from school but we got bored in around a month or two. It's been Estiah ever since ;D

I saw Nexus Wars while I was looking for some browser based games to play but I got a headache even reading the manual so I decided to shelf it until I have absolutely nothing to do.

Kasyn

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • in ur forumz moddin EVERYONE
« Reply #7 on: 10:19:47 - 03/16/09 »
Oh, I totally forgot about OGame.  I had great fun with that one until a friend had logged on to his account from a computer that I had logged in at, and we both got IP banned for life.   :(  Good game, but poor execution of the rules put in place to prevent multiple account abuse.
<slalderma> birlimpir whispers in your nightmares
<Tobliz> birlimpir was old when the world was young

Shroud

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #8 on: 10:34:30 - 03/16/09 »
...Kingdom of Loathing... :)
Sneaking Around...

Valhamrakh

• Wanderer
  • In your forumz lurking...
« Reply #9 on: 10:58:38 - 03/16/09 »
I've tried Ikariam. It started off pretty well, I managed to build a few cities, but then after that some idiot just starts attacking me excessively for weeks (no exaggeration).

Also a bunch of other random ones, including Kingdom of Loathing  :laugh:.
"Even the noblest of intentions and strongest of wills inevitably crumble into dust."

Nipal

• Bunny Mob
  • Bunnies
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #10 on: 12:41:37 - 03/16/09 »
hehe, it's fine to discuss about other browser games, it would be even better if you can tell what we can
copy/paste from them :)

Bactrian

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #11 on: 13:16:19 - 03/16/09 »
Eh, played Ikariam up to about 3 city expansions then the whole "you can't actually overtake towns" sort of discouraged me also I can't remember but I think the inability to queue buildings put me off abit as well, since I like my sleep.

Also play Urban Dead, I used to play more but then either I logged in from uni (aka college), got my account flagged multiaccounts in the same area or bugged out when I got the Tangling Grasp skill and now if I'm a zombie I cannot hit (at 50% or more accuracy) any survivors more than once in 50 attacks. Completely smeggin' ridiculously gamebreaking =( That's put me off UD quite abit, though I still log in every 2-3 days and run around.

Also did play Kingdom of Loathing for a few levels, had a fun time then I think I went on holidays or something, came back and never really got back into it.

Quite surprised noone has said Utopia yet, that was quite a big thing in my school about 5 years or more ago, but I never really got into myself.
« Last Edit: 13:20:05 - 03/16/09 by Bactrian »
some call it beermatics, but i call it science of GODZ! - wolfsoul

Deathlyone

• Bunny Cultist
  • I am EA'ing right behind you.
« Reply #12 on: 23:12:43 - 03/16/09 »
I played robowars until they screwed everything they had going for them and now its lame. Play Military Mayhem until I eventually grew tired of that. I did play Ogame for a while until I got banned for the same thing as a previous poster did. I tried this other freaky mmorpg that I never did quite get, that had a very interesting story, forgot the name of it though. Their was no one on that game to explain things to me so I quit within a week. Actually, I did that on a lot of game I just couldn't get into. Robowars and Estiah or the only two I have stuck with though.
I hate ratings.....

Fenrir

• Bunny Cultist
  • This place looks different
« Reply #13 on: 23:17:39 - 03/16/09 »
Started on Ikariam, then went to Gladiatus, then OGame, then Battle Knight. I quit playing OGame because the number one player moved into my galaxy and started farming me mercilessly. Then I quit Ikariam because I just couldn't keep up with my 4 colonies. I stopped playing Gladiatus quite a while ago. My friend on Battleknight told me about Estiah so I've been playing ever since, I just started playing a game called Katsuro the other day. So as of now I'm playing three.
[18:26] <manoresAFK> fenrir completes achievement: [Nay can question my incosistent SnT hits!]

Bedtime

• Faithful
« Reply #14 on: 23:29:16 - 03/16/09 »
Well, i've been about a bit...

Ptv Sundayleague was my first stop, won the treble a couple of times, but after a few updates, they ruined the game I adored so I left :( From there I stopped for a while, until I was invited to play tribalwars. I played the 1st world for a while and then quit. I then went onto play pardus (incredibly briefly) and Evo, and even though I played evo for quite a while, it wasn't perfect. I then went back in to the 1st world of tribalwars, only to be recruited into the 8th. Was in the leadership of the no1 tribe for roughly a year and a bit, before quitting and joining here, bringing a few people along.