Author Topic: Glossary of Acronyms, Shortened terms, and Whatnot...  (Read 25421 times)

Fenrir

• Bunny Cultist
  • This place looks different
Re: Glossary of Acronyms, Shortened terms, and Whatnot...
« Reply #30 on: 00:10:46 - 06/03/09 »
WSO-White Sealing Orb
[18:26] <manoresAFK> fenrir completes achievement: [Nay can question my incosistent SnT hits!]

Srdja

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #31 on: 07:24:55 - 06/03/09 »
SnT or S&T - Slash and Thrust
WoL - Water of Life

those two are very commonly used these days.

Dahya

• Newcomer
« Reply #32 on: 00:36:40 - 09/29/09 »
For those of you wondering about the etymology of the term "nerf," here's an interesting bit from urban dictionary:

Quote from: Urban Dictionary

The term "nerf" comes from the online gaming world of Ultima Online.

At one point in the game, the developers reduced the power of swords in melee combat.

This resulted in players complaining that it was like they were hitting each other with nerf bats, not swords.

From then on, if ever something gets made less worth while than it had been originally, it has been considered a 'nerf'.

Yadhar

• Adventurer
« Reply #33 on: 14:30:31 - 04/16/10 »
hum....as i still have a lot of probs with abbreviations...

Well, few weeks ago, i was in Night tear, to run Last Echo. There was a semi-public party with that title :
"5 BCDs only pw 1"

I never understood what it means.... ::) B for banes ?

Velkrin

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #34 on: 14:39:53 - 04/16/10 »
He meant BDC, or Blood Drake Curse.  Though I doubt you can pull off that strat since the nerf.
Velkrin uses [Ritual Mask]
Velkrin's next spirit attack is decreased by 1
Faceless Killer takes 14 spirit damage

Yadhar

• Adventurer
« Reply #35 on: 14:56:29 - 04/16/10 »
oooh....ok. Thanks  :)

Arimith

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #36 on: 16:26:05 - 04/16/10 »
It can still be done if the first player is a champ and runs 5 Vital Points instead
Loose is what your underwear is when the elastic breaks
Lose is what then happens to your dignity

Wercool

• Bunny Cultist
  • how FotD was made. http://tinyurl.com/ydw2ala
« Reply #37 on: 02:22:31 - 10/19/10 »
 :o
you forgot the best charm ever.
BP. refers to the charm blood pact
adventures are funny things.

Kanstrike

• Newcomer
« Reply #38 on: 19:27:24 - 07/28/11 »
So anyone able to explain what is meant by:

"25c woe pw bane"

Clearly bane is the password to join, but no clue what 25c or woe mean and this thread doesn't seem to explain.

Also, it's for Last Echo.  I just put together a heavy bane + extender set and joined...hopefully I don't screw anything up, heh.

Group went off: 25c means "25 charm deck" and "woe" must mean the woeful whip charm.
« Last Edit: 19:38:11 - 07/28/11 by Kanstrike »

Flame123

• Wanderer
  • Brothers Until The End
« Reply #39 on: 20:00:54 - 07/28/11 »

"25c woe pw bane"

Clearly bane is the password to join, but no clue what 25c or woe mean and this thread doesn't seem to explain.

Also, it's for Last Echo.  I just put together a heavy bane + extender set and joined...hopefully I don't screw anything up, heh.

Group went off: 25c means "25 charm deck" and "woe" must mean the woeful whip charm.
25c means you use 25 charms in the gear you do the group with and Woe means use 5 Woeful's Whip a charm dropped from King of No Man
Flame123 uses [Black Pearl Ring]
Dreadknight Braedan takes 55 spirit damage
Flame123's willpower remains at 17
Flame123's auras duration is increased by 1 turn(s)

Dreadknight Braedan collapses of exhaustion.

Arimith

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #40 on: 02:34:50 - 07/29/11 »
25c means you use 25 charms in the gear you do the group with and Woe means use 5 Woeful's Whip a charm dropped from King of No Man

apparently "25c" is a reference to the number of charms that should be in your gear, and "Woe" is short for Woeful's Whip, a neat charm that combos to give many Charm Alchemist points
Loose is what your underwear is when the elastic breaks
Lose is what then happens to your dignity

Toben

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #41 on: 04:46:01 - 07/29/11 »

"25c woe pw bane"

A brief guide to semi-pub naming conventions:

pw - password; whatever follows is the password to the party. Putting the password in the name is what makes it semi-public instead of a private party.
(note: if your party name is long, but not too long to be allowed, the last word or two may get cut off; this is especially common if you put a short, one-letter or one-number password at the very end of a long-ish party name. Try not to do this. If you want to join a party but the password is cut off, popular short passwords you can try out are 1, a, x, and for Shudder, vb.)

# (a number in the name, e.g. 10, 15, 25) - refers to how many charms you should have in your deck
(exception: 4th (usually "4th tanks") - means the last person to join the party should do [whatever, usually tank])

melee, banes, or magic - basic damage strategies, your deck should focus on that method of delivering damage.
(note: "cpb" without a damage type is generally expected to mean melee cpb, except for Shudder, where magic cpb is the default.)

"I tank" (or iTank or something like that) - the person who set up the party is going to tank, so don't run protect or defensive charms

vitab or vb or vitaban - abbreviations for Vita Banishment, so pack the charms used to make that combo - this is typically just for Shudder and in order of preference, bring: Ice/Flame, maybe White/Black, most people don't bother with Earth/Sky.

bdc - Blood Drake Curse. And you're generally expected to be packing Dynamite as well, if they're calling for BDC, so for example, "10c BDC" means you're expected to bring a deck that's 5x Blood Drake Curse, 5x Dynamite.

woe or woeful - Woeful's Whip, as mentioned, a handy way to get Charm Alchemist points.

Also take a quick look at the achievements for each dungeon - if folks are going for the achievement they will sometimes try bizarre ways of abbreviating the name of the achievement in their semipub party.

Lastly, don't try semi-pub Statues unless you are familiar enough with the game that you don't need a guide like this. Even then, don't expect to win much. ;)

Kanstrike

• Newcomer
« Reply #42 on: 06:32:55 - 07/29/11 »

"25c woe pw bane"

A brief guide to semi-pub naming conventions:

pw - password; whatever follows is the password to the party. Putting the password in the name is what makes it semi-public instead of a private party.
(note: if your party name is long, but not too long to be allowed, the last word or two may get cut off; this is especially common if you put a short, one-letter or one-number password at the very end of a long-ish party name. Try not to do this. If you want to join a party but the password is cut off, popular short passwords you can try out are 1, a, x, and for Shudder, vb.)

# (a number in the name, e.g. 10, 15, 25) - refers to how many charms you should have in your deck
(exception: 4th (usually "4th tanks") - means the last person to join the party should do [whatever, usually tank])

melee, banes, or magic - basic damage strategies, your deck should focus on that method of delivering damage.
(note: "cpb" without a damage type is generally expected to mean melee cpb, except for Shudder, where magic cpb is the default.)

"I tank" (or iTank or something like that) - the person who set up the party is going to tank, so don't run protect or defensive charms

vitab or vb or vitaban - abbreviations for Vita Banishment, so pack the charms used to make that combo - this is typically just for Shudder and in order of preference, bring: Ice/Flame, maybe White/Black, most people don't bother with Earth/Sky.

bdc - Blood Drake Curse. And you're generally expected to be packing Dynamite as well, if they're calling for BDC, so for example, "10c BDC" means you're expected to bring a deck that's 5x Blood Drake Curse, 5x Dynamite.

woe or woeful - Woeful's Whip, as mentioned, a handy way to get Charm Alchemist points.

Also take a quick look at the achievements for each dungeon - if folks are going for the achievement they will sometimes try bizarre ways of abbreviating the name of the achievement in their semipub party.

Lastly, don't try semi-pub Statues unless you are familiar enough with the game that you don't need a guide like this. Even then, don't expect to win much. ;)

Thanks for this, while I've figured most of those out by now, how groups name/strategize/whatever is my current biggest issue with the game.  I've played plenty of MMO's so I know basic terminology but most of the grouping mechanics are specific to Estiah as far as I've seen and I don't want to mess up a group, while I still need to get in there to figure out the strategy used to defeat them and such.  And a list like this is precisely what I was looking for before I joined the group for an explanation, but didn't see in this thread (which I believe is where it should be).

Renatov

• Adventurer
« Reply #43 on: 14:08:46 - 05/17/12 »
What does "destroy ward" mean? It's not in this glossary, neither in official FAQ's glossary. What would be the difference between a Fire card that does 12 damage (with no P%) and a Shadow card that does 10 damage + 2 destroy ward?

Misha

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #44 on: 14:49:22 - 05/17/12 »
Destroy ward means exactly that.  It destroys ward.

If the shadow charm destroys ward before doing damage, then against a target with 2 ward, it would first destroy that 2 ward, then do 10 damage (because the target has no ward to block it).  If the target has 5 ward, it would first destroy 2 of that ward (3 left), then try to do 10 damage.  3 of that would then be warded, so 7 damage goes through.

In that example, the shadow charm is worse if the target has only 0 or 1 ward, because it will do 10 damage in both cases while the fire one will do 12 or 11.  If the target has 2 or more ward, they'll do the same damage.