Author Topic: Wiki Coordination Thread  (Read 165709 times)

Azharh

• High Mediator
  • Bunny Cultist
Re: Wiki Coordination Thread
« Reply #15 on: 11:39:10 - 01/30/09 »

For one, your layout takes up much more vertical space than needed.  People naturally scan pages in the shape of an F, from left to right, then top to bottom; you do not need to make each individual stat of each individual enemy take up its own line with its own bullet-point, those can be listed to the right of the monster's name.  Your use of headers causes the wiki software to automatically add a table of contents, which just takes up space in an article that shouldn't be more than a page long in the first place.  You use the same listing header for the enemy's attacks and its charm drops, forcing the reader to rely on locational context for the list's relevance, reducing scanability.  (To be fair, that last one's more of a nitpick.)

Ok, thanks for explaining your point. I think that your layout takes less place, yes, but because of it is less easily readable. When I started working on the wiki, there were 2-3 different layouts available, I chose the one I use because I thought it was the more easily readable. I may be wrong though.

Maybe other people should give their opinion on this layout thing. If they think your layout is best, I won't bother changing all the pages I edited to match it.

In fact, it would be a great idea to agree on a specific layout here, in this coordination thread, so that everyone will use the same ^^

Nastharl

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #16 on: 13:29:22 - 01/30/09 »
cure feels a bit cleaner of a page. the headers make it a bit less of wall o text. I think skipping the Fight 1 and making the header just the name of the enemies is a better way to go though. I liked the use of Bold on king to emphasize the purposes of the different bullets.

I dont think each stat needs its own bullet though. Maybe just 1 for HP/SPI and make level part of the header, as its more or less irrelevent info outside of heroism?

Wolfsoul

• The Pic Maniac
  • Animator
  • Bunny Cultist
  • in ur forumz, trollin yer topixz
« Reply #17 on: 15:27:58 - 01/30/09 »
vener though of adding charm rarity? like:

Release Karma [Rare]

or this somehow screw ups links?
« Last Edit: 15:35:13 - 01/30/09 by Wolfsoul »
YGBSM
[20:31]   <Schutz|Work>   Lez trolls much better than wolfz! :p
We make server cry with Tears of Blood

Popeye

• Faithful
« Reply #18 on: 16:17:07 - 01/30/09 »
I prefer the Cure page over the King page, personally.

Larcent

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #19 on: 21:50:35 - 02/01/09 »
Just turned 30 today and made monk, so I added all those missing charms and other info.

Bactrian

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #20 on: 14:28:03 - 02/04/09 »
Hmm, Wolfsoul has a good suggestion, maybe not rename the pages but include it in charm descriptions? Or maybe it could be in the categories instead.. seeing all the epic charms in a category page could be sorta neat if you want to see teh purplez

thoughts people?
some call it beermatics, but i call it science of GODZ! - wolfsoul

Azharh

• High Mediator
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #21 on: 14:47:46 - 02/04/09 »
I think it's a good idea, and renaming the pages wouldn't be a real problem. Also, It could be a good occasion to add a [Mob] tag, which is not present on all mob charms atm. If other people think this is good, I could work on it in the coming days.

Wolfsoul

• The Pic Maniac
  • Animator
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #22 on: 14:54:19 - 02/04/09 »
meanwhile, missing class charms:
T2
rogue
shaman
Guard
cleric
wizard

Also, we should upload estiah banner into first page.

« Last Edit: 20:42:16 - 02/26/09 by Wolfsoul »
YGBSM

Bedtime

• Faithful
« Reply #23 on: 15:31:27 - 02/04/09 »
I'll put in all/most (if I can find an image of the ones I don't own) of the rouge and guard charms over the course of this afternoon.
« Last Edit: 15:34:39 - 02/04/09 by Bedtime »

Wolfsoul

• The Pic Maniac
  • Animator
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #24 on: 15:41:26 - 02/04/09 »
YGBSM

Azharh

• High Mediator
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #25 on: 15:44:40 - 02/04/09 »
I used to give no information about the Trial strategy, just like here => http://estiah.aswt.net/index.php?title=Trial_of_Ruse

Wolfsoul

• The Pic Maniac
  • Animator
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #26 on: 15:48:31 - 02/04/09 »
Yeah, im for wiki to give information, not step-by-step breakthrough of dungeon...
this even gives gear set up, what makes me even more angrier is that it is written for wizards, not for berserkers, though its in our city >_>
YGBSM

Bedtime

• Faithful
« Reply #27 on: 16:14:30 - 02/04/09 »
I've done all the rouge, bar one twinblades requirements which the screenshot I have, doesn't have on (I think he bought it). Unless someone else can find it, it will be at least a few days before I can update the requirements.

Can't find my guard screenie either so I'll do them next time he goes past lumina.

I don't think we should tell players how to do it, especially the trials as they're suppose to be a test of gaining tier 3.

Nastharl

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #28 on: 16:34:46 - 02/04/09 »
Its not up to us what should/shouldn't be allowed on the wiki in terms of strategy.

Someone out there wanted everyone to know how to beat that trial, and they should be allowed to do it.

Beating the trials isn't exactly privileged info. Someone is going to the wiki BECAUSE they want spoilers, and theres multiple threads all over the forums how to do it as well. Nothing is really being gained here.
« Last Edit: 16:36:26 - 02/04/09 by Nastharl »

Wolfsoul

• The Pic Maniac
  • Animator
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #29 on: 16:43:34 - 02/04/09 »
But whole gear? common, it doesn't even contain charms witch surge uses...
YGBSM