Author Topic: [Cathedral of Illumination] Holy Sh*t!  (Read 111305 times)

Moondance

• Faithful
Re: [Cathedral of Illumination] Holy Sh*t!
« Reply #30 on: 01:35:01 - 04/05/09 »
hello, I'm new here!
just want to ask something, if you want to become a hierarch do you nly need to focus on int and con or do you need to invest on pow and dex as well?

Ender

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #31 on: 09:23:46 - 04/05/09 »
You should focus on Con and Int, but also choose a 3rd stat and raise it. Most people use a 35%-35%-25%-5% pattern, in general.

Moondance

• Faithful
« Reply #32 on: 08:23:17 - 04/13/09 »
another question... If I chose novice, I can use novice charms... at level 30, if I choose sage, I can use sage charms but will I still be able to use the novice charms? when I reached hierarch, would I still be able to use sage and novice charms?

Srdja

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #33 on: 08:40:45 - 04/13/09 »
You will be able to use them.

Tobliz

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #34 on: 16:04:39 - 04/13/09 »
More broadly, you cannot ever lose the ability to use any charm you can currently use.
[16:39] <Anderhammer> sometimes you need to put the fire out, not start it
[16:39] <Anderhammer> berb
[16:39] == Anderhammer has quit

Moondance

• Faithful
« Reply #35 on: 20:50:11 - 04/15/09 »
oh, thanks for the replies...

Indie

• Newcomer
« Reply #36 on: 17:48:34 - 04/27/09 »
What is the best path to be a Hierarch?
Sage gives ward projection, and Cleric the magic group buff right?
So If I want to play coliseum and GvG, Cleric must be the best path... ?

Slalderma

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • the Troubadour Warrior
« Reply #37 on: 19:13:11 - 04/27/09 »
What is the best path to be a Hierarch?
Sage gives ward projection, and Cleric the magic group buff right?
So If I want to play coliseum and GvG, Cleric must be the best path... ?

Both are pretty valid.  Projection is getting a lot stronger and the "Sage" route gives access to all the very very nice cleanse charms.  Cleric group buffs are pretty nice, but their value goes down at higher levels.  Plus you're getting a Heirarch class charm that does the same thing.  I'd give a slight (biased) edge to Sage since #1 I'm a Sage and #2 projection is fun.
slalderma / slickal / rebelscum / sukelywalker / badmotivator
berzerker / pyro / hierarch / deathknight / warden
Slyguy: Shortdeck is the answer to everything.

Shroud

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #38 on: 22:32:16 - 04/27/09 »
Both are pretty valid.  Projection is getting a lot stronger and the "Sage" route gives access to all the very very nice cleanse charms.  Cleric group buffs are pretty nice, but their value goes down at higher levels.  Plus you're getting a Heirarch class charm that does the same thing.  I'd give a slight (biased) edge to Sage since #1 I'm a Sage and #2 projection is fun.

Ha! You guys are just getting a lotta love right now from the bunny gods...
When will assassins get that attention, I wonder...
Sneaking Around...

Bactrian

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #39 on: 09:29:31 - 04/28/09 »

is there some topic I've missed out on?
some call it beermatics, but i call it science of GODZ! - wolfsoul

Shroud

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #40 on: 16:46:24 - 04/28/09 »

Iis there some topic I've missed out on?

Hey Bactrian; nothing really :)

I'm just implying that projection has had a major boost in terms of recent development.
I'm a would be Assassin, and the lack of discussion regarding them makes me wonder how good they are at times... :|
Sneaking Around...

Ugluk

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #41 on: 17:11:27 - 04/28/09 »

I'm just implying that projection has had a major boost in terms of recent development.
I'm a would be Assassin, and the lack of discussion regarding them makes me wonder how good they are at times... :|

Ummm, Hellmaster.  Nuff said.

Edit: and Yemonster

Hellmaster

• Faithful
« Reply #42 on: 17:49:40 - 04/28/09 »

Ummm, Hellmaster.  Nuff said.

Edit: and Yemonster

Hi  :)

Shroud, feel free to ask anything in the assasin's thread and I'll discuss whatever you want. I don't get why the Assassin class has the highest % of people playing the class and the most boring thread xD Anyway, I don't want to hijack this thread so go on with Hierarch holy things xD

Indie

• Newcomer
« Reply #43 on: 19:34:18 - 04/28/09 »

Thanks a lot!
The projection ward seems really cool, you convince me. :)

Bactrian

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #44 on: 08:57:28 - 04/29/09 »

Oh ok.. you got my hopes up for a moment :p

I think its endgame projection rather than sage projection which is getting most of the love, so i think its warden getting most of the benefit from those. Sage projection can be nice and the synergy with holy is why I went sage rather than cleric.

Alot of classes do well in PVP (like shamans) without relying on too much on their rune based charms (like shamans dont often use ward dot charms), and the training/weave charms are pretty solid. The EA cumulative ward craft could be a big help for sages if you do want to use projection but thats the only thing sages have really got extra.

On an unrelated topic, anyone tried making a deck with both mind radiance and salvation? I tried it out with my new luminous ideas but found i either missed about 3 turns in a row because of no willpower or ended up with 40 willpower and no salvation or radiance draws.. =_=
some call it beermatics, but i call it science of GODZ! - wolfsoul