Author Topic: [Cathedral of Illumination] Holy Sh*t!  (Read 112640 times)

Ender

• Bunny Cultist
[Cathedral of Illumination] Holy Sh*t!
« on: 09:32:45 - 01/17/09 »

Love to be the perfect comrade? The one who fits in all groups, the man who turns good teams into excellent ones? Do you like to assist your teammates and make them unstoppable? Are you tempted by the arcane and misterious secrets of magic? Would you like to have an entire Cathedral as your guild hall? In short, do you like the idea of playing a highly versatile class that shines as support in cooperative fights? If your answers were "Yeeeeeeeees, I'm crazy about this!" or "Ofc, I would kill for this!" ( or even a simple "Yes, could be interesting") you should consider being a

Hierarch

The path of the ass-ass-healer (not ass-ass-in):

Primary: Recruit > Cleric > Hierarch

Secondary: Novice > Sage > Hierarch

Stat breakdown:

Having Holy as our main rune is a double-edged sword. The stat requeriments for Con and Int are pretty similar, so both routes can reach them relatively easy. The negative consequence is that you'll need to ignore Pow or Dex. Dex is a little bit more defensive (you'll gain acces to Spear) and armor piercing (Lightning, Twinblades), while Power will grant acces to Fist,Earth and some Fire. Due to this election, you'll lose some Spirit charms, coz they're mainly Dex/Pow. With careful balance and planning you can still end up with 250+ for your "throwaway" stat allowing you to eventually dip your hand a bit in both sides.

Examples of Pow and Dex charms that require 200+ pow / int to use:

Power

Dexterity

Class Charms:

Blessed Light x5
Materials: Mark of Insight
Fee: 10000g

Blessed Light

21 Magic (50% P)
24 Ward (cumulative)
4 Willpower (cumulative)

Requires Level 40
Hierarch (R3)
Holy
        Restoration x5
Materials: Mark of Salvation

Restoration

Heal for 42 and gain 6
Willpower (cumulative)
over 6 turns

Requires Level 40
Hierarch(R3)
Buff
Holy
        Mind Radiance x2
Materials: Mark of Perseverance
Fee: 6000g

Mind Radiance

[Consume up to 5
Willpower
and for each
do the following]
23 Magic (30% P)

Requires Level 40
Hierarch (R3)
Holy

Worship x2
Materials: Mark of Domination
Fee: 6000g

Worship

62 Ward
4 Willpower (cumulative)

Requires Level 40
Hierarch (R3)
Ward
Willpower

Spiritual Guidance x1
Materials: Mark of Unity
Fee: 5000g

Spiritual Guidance

(Target all allies)
+39 to target's next
magic

Requires Level 41
Hierarch (R3)
Tech
        Purity x1
Materials: Harvester Insignia
Fee: 5000g

Purity

(Target ally with lowest
HP)
Cleanse
4 Willpower
(cumulative)

Requires Level 41
Hierarch (R3)
Buff
Holy

Salvation x1
Materials: Alchemist Insignia

Salvation

(Target ally with lowest
HP)
[Consume up to 5
Willpower
and for each
do the following]
Heal for 32

Requires Level 42
Hierarch (R3)
Tech
Holy

Benediction x1
Materials: King Insignia
Fee: 15000g

Benediction

(Target all allies)
Heal for 45 and 3
Willpower (cumulative)
over 3 turns

Requires Level 43
Hierarch (R3)
Tech
Holy

(Format copied from Einar's, I was unable to build something so elaborated  ::))
Strategies, useful charms, tips, waffles... coming soon.
« Last Edit: 21:22:51 - 02/04/09 by Ender »

Bactrian

• Bunny Cultist
Re: [Cathedral of Illumination] Holy Sh*t!
« Reply #1 on: 15:22:30 - 01/17/09 »
Heey!
As an aspiring Heirarch this thread makes me ^^

I think you made a typo when talking about spirit in stats.. "Due to this election, you'll lose some Spirit charms, coz they're mainly Dex/Int" should be.. dex/power? i think :|

But.. aweeesome.

also.. is that picture a.. somethingorather heirarch from mtg?
some call it beermatics, but i call it science of GODZ! - wolfsoul

Einar

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #2 on: 15:22:52 - 01/17/09 »
It's what happens when you're home for the holidays and have nothing to do that day.  :laugh:

Bactrian

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #3 on: 14:46:40 - 02/04/09 »
I KNEW IT! Loxadon Hierarch =p
some call it beermatics, but i call it science of GODZ! - wolfsoul

Ender

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #4 on: 21:24:00 - 02/04/09 »
Loxodon, yeah.  ;D

I fixed the spirit stat requirements, my fault.

Valhamrakh

• Wanderer
  • In your forumz lurking...
« Reply #5 on: 10:21:54 - 02/09/09 »
I'm planning on making my alt a Hierarch. Should be really interesting to play.  :laugh:
"Even the noblest of intentions and strongest of wills inevitably crumble into dust."

Mcbee

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #6 on: 14:18:36 - 02/20/09 »
Ok, so I inherited a Heirarch character from my buddy who quit, and I am trying to get him the rest of his class charms, however, I am having the worst time with the Homonculi from Soul Harvester's Lab. Does anyone who's done this as a Heirarch have any advice for a good strategy?
<Lejes> So we're getting (Target enemy Mcbee) and [For each Mcbee] charms next patch, right?

Rakhir

• Adventurer
« Reply #7 on: 17:58:03 - 02/20/09 »
Offensive strategies work better than defensive ones since the longer the fight, the more damage you will take (because of their chain mutations). I think some ward attractions help a lot, then build your gear around it...i liked to use spirit against them (dark heirloom/power corruption/withering touch/soul cry/psychic cry/soul harvest/earth dragon crown/...) but melee or magic should work well too. Its not really necessary to worry about the spirit damage the first homunculus deals, I think I never died because of exhaustion.   

Ender

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #8 on: 18:02:13 - 02/20/09 »
This was the worst fight in the Lab for me >.<. If I'm not wrong I ran a heavy dps melee deck. Lots of hyphused and focus (renegade are good here, you deal boosted damage while focusing).

Mcbee

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #9 on: 18:55:03 - 02/20/09 »
Yah, he has minimal spirit cards, so I think I'll try running a heavy melee DPS deck and see how that works. Thanks for the advice.
<Lejes> So we're getting (Target enemy Mcbee) and [For each Mcbee] charms next patch, right?

Slalderma

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • the Troubadour Warrior
« Reply #10 on: 02:15:28 - 02/21/09 »
I can't remember specifically, but since I know most of my chars did it, I turtled that fight - with a touch of spirit thrown in to speed things along.
slalderma / slickal / rebelscum / sukelywalker / badmotivator
berzerker / pyro / hierarch / deathknight / warden
Slyguy: Shortdeck is the answer to everything.

Ender

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #11 on: 19:20:54 - 02/27/09 »
Hierarchs of the world, I summon you!!

Let's have some debate in this thread. What do you think about the new class charm we're going to receive?

Hierarch
1 willpower (cumulative), +12 to next magic and heal 13 to ally with lowest HP each time you play a holy rune in the next 6 turns

(My opinion: http://forum.estiah.com/index.php?topic=1947.msg20349#msg20349)

Slalderma

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • the Troubadour Warrior
« Reply #12 on: 19:44:23 - 02/27/09 »
My reply to  your other opinion:

My turn about the hierarch one  :). Too much conditional and non-specialized. My 2 cents:

I'm atm running 11 Holy charms in my PvP deck and 14 in the 2v2, both are 59 spirit decks. And I'm not planning to add any of the existing holy charms. Pyros have lots of Fire charms to fill a deck with, hierarchs simply can't do the same. That's why I think that Pyro's one, despite having the "infamous" Pulsating Soul Orb mech , is pretty neat. But hierarch's... the best strategy I can think of is some kind of Lightflake/Enhancing Light/Glorious Holy Staff + heals + this, but hierarchs aren't a dps class. Even if I manage to survive faster opponents, I won't be taking the max benefit from the ongoing boost, as Holy magic is 50% P and has that ongoing % reduction, so slow opponents will develop their strategy even faster than me. I found Infusion of Light much better and hierarch-suited than this. Maybe it's me and I'm not a good hierarch,but in order to be successful I have needed to practically avoid Holy charms. And, honestly, as a hierarch I don't like the idea of having to adapt my whole deck (as with the Lab charms, but at least those were optional and gave the opportunity to build a deck around them) to one charm.

Sorry if I offend someone, it's not my intention. It's just that I see so many incredible charms out there (assassin, warden, summoner are reeeeaaally good) and I'm envious  :P.

My heirarch runs a better 1v1 mace deck than holy deck....  and what's this "infamous" Pulsing Soul Orb mech?

I'm thinking about the benefit of the new Hx charm in a group deck... keep your party up longer, give yourself more time to make that +next worth it... Would it be a better charm if the heal was 20? 25? 50? if there were more charms like Mind Radiance that could use that WP in an offensive way and create some synergy?

slalderma / slickal / rebelscum / sukelywalker / badmotivator
berzerker / pyro / hierarch / deathknight / warden
Slyguy: Shortdeck is the answer to everything.

Nyoko

• Faithful

Rakhir

• Adventurer
« Reply #14 on: 13:59:39 - 02/28/09 »
I like the new charm, I think it gives us Hierarch finally the chance to build a 1v1 deck that can compete. My biggest problem with Hierarch was that I couldnt build a strong Hierarch deck with more than ~20% Hierarch charms, maybe it was my inability to do so but I also saw a lot of Hierarchs who for example prefered to use a defensive spirit deck with a low % of Hierarch charms. So I dont find it too restrictive, I rather think that it will offer some new possibilites for Hierarchs to build a viable gear that does not use some sort of wannabe Deathknight/Summoner/Warlord strategy.