Author Topic: Sorryz fer burnin' yer waffle! [Pyromaniac Guide]  (Read 100814 times)

Minrhael

• Wanderer
Re: Sorryz fer burnin' yer waffle! [Pyromaniac Guide]
« Reply #45 on: 14:17:39 - 03/16/09 »
i think nip & lez made some evil code for that drop table; all my non-flame using characters have lots of spread flames.  my summoner took weeks to get his fertile earths though, and my slayer gave up on skyclaws as they just weren't worth the time he was investing.  Bunny gods are evil!

Ugluk

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #46 on: 17:04:49 - 03/16/09 »
ok watch should i work now??  Character growth (749/900) I almost reach max??

POWER:404
INT:351
DEX:258
CON:236

For now....you need to work on Power and Dex.  Once you get to 310 on dex, go back to Power and Int.  Don't touch Con until your stats look like this (at minimum):

POWER:504
INT:451
DEX:310
CON:236

Warassasin

• Faithful
« Reply #47 on: 02:09:45 - 03/17/09 »
A' last I am a Maniac....Pyromaniac. :laugh: ;D
Wanna Earn $$ Online While Waiting For Your Action Points To Replenish? All You Have To Do Is Write A Review About Anything, Yes, Anything From Your Cat To ESTIAH. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.

Raestlyn

• Wanderer
« Reply #48 on: 18:48:09 - 03/17/09 »
My Pyro is Sage based, with Con at his 3rd stat so I decided to try out Projection Pyro:

http://www.estiah.com/character/combat/replay/id/3547760/owner/11789

Backdraft Flames work finally without a drawback!
If you've got duct tape, you have some wicked penetration.  :laugh:
¤ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨
¨°º¤ø„¸--Techno--¸„ø¤º°¨
¸„ø¤º°¨FOR3V3R``°º¤

Ugluk

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #49 on: 20:05:00 - 03/17/09 »
That one's interesting now that Crystal of the Dawn is out.  You'll never beat out most straight pyros, but on softer magic users and melee users that should do pretty well.

Deathlyone

• Bunny Cultist
  • I am EA'ing right behind you.
« Reply #50 on: 23:15:53 - 03/19/09 »
I spose for us unlucky people who did choose sage, our only weakness is magic users, and otherwise we are uber combined with some projection. I will have to do some more research.....
I hate ratings.....

Ugluk

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #51 on: 15:58:39 - 04/08/09 »
So, I won't say who or give details, but I just saw a really cool hybrid Soul Combustion/DoT gear.  Definitely something to tinker with.

Deathlyone

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #52 on: 23:02:45 - 04/08/09 »
hmmm... really? I will look into that one day, but I prolly need to beat KoNM before I try Water of Life again. I have no dots or spirit really, so the fights are giving me hell.
I hate ratings.....

Ugluk

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #53 on: 15:05:54 - 04/09/09 »
hmmm... really? I will look into that one day, but I prolly need to beat KoNM before I try Water of Life again. I have no dots or spirit really, so the fights are giving me hell.

Well, you need DoT's to clear fight one and Deflagration (or Nhyle's Compassion) for fight two.  On Fight 3 you should be able to win 33%-50% on straight up Pyro DPS if you get your deck set up correctly.  The Passion (fight 4) is pretty easy.

Deathlyone

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #54 on: 23:00:02 - 04/09/09 »
I need more flageration!
I hate ratings.....

Trepanation

• Wanderer
« Reply #55 on: 22:57:53 - 05/20/09 »
I started using a +ongoing magic deck with my pyro and I've since seen a few others pick it up. Here's an obvious statement: if you have the right mix of stats, skills, and charms you can make some interesting things happen.

Nimaron

• Wanderer
  • Life is for those who dare to live!
« Reply #56 on: 19:52:31 - 05/22/09 »
Though you need almost exclusively damage charms to work for that (besides the ongoing boosters), and with that you leave out most of the traditional pyro deck, aka the non-constant power boosts.
"The purpose of life is a life of purpose." (Robert Byrne)

Mcbee

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #57 on: 02:35:16 - 05/31/09 »
Just wanna throw this out there, anyone had any luck with High Trial of Perseverance using magic? I've only gotten through this once with my Warlord and that was with a VERY heavy CBP deck, and it took me a couple of times to get the right draws on cards.

My only other idea is to go start farming more Hyphused stuff so I can use a melee deck, but that really isn't the point of being a Pyro now is it.
<Lejes> So we're getting (Target enemy Mcbee) and [For each Mcbee] charms next patch, right?

Slalderma

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • the Troubadour Warrior
« Reply #58 on: 03:35:25 - 05/31/09 »
Just wanna throw this out there, anyone had any luck with High Trial of Perseverance using magic? I've only gotten through this once with my Warlord and that was with a VERY heavy CBP deck, and it took me a couple of times to get the right draws on cards.

My only other idea is to go start farming more Hyphused stuff so I can use a melee deck, but that really isn't the point of being a Pyro now is it.

Having the same problem.
slalderma / slickal / rebelscum / sukelywalker / badmotivator
berzerker / pyro / hierarch / deathknight / warden
Slyguy: Shortdeck is the answer to everything.

Mcbee

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #59 on: 13:29:20 - 05/31/09 »

Having the same problem.

Well, at least it's not just me then.
<Lejes> So we're getting (Target enemy Mcbee) and [For each Mcbee] charms next patch, right?