Author Topic: Sorryz fer burnin' yer waffle! [Pyromaniac Guide]  (Read 107125 times)

Astrolabia

• Veteran
  • Faithful
  • underdog's lifestream
Re: Sorryz fer burnin' yer waffle! [Pyromaniac Guide]
« Reply #165 on: 00:05:42 - 01/20/12 »
hard dumping punishes you pretty badly around 50.

(for the record, i hard dumped pow which is pissing me off a lot but oh well at least heartstring jerkies exist)
the former kyoudou
the apprentice kuonhime

Frillywhiteskirt

• Faithful
« Reply #166 on: 10:30:45 - 01/20/12 »
hard dumping punishes you pretty badly around 50.

(for the record, i hard dumped pow which is pissing me off a lot but oh well at least heartstring jerkies exist)

I didn't even hard dump any stat and my inquisitor is still grinding int like a motherfucker to get it high enough for null barbs to increase wins vs tygann I wish there was an int equivalent of jerkies, pow dumps have it easy :p First I needed 80 to use thunderballs or whatever the lightning attach summon is called, now I need another 20, so theres 100 points of int grinded at level 51 when I didn't even dump it. I thought 560 was a respectable amount of in for an inquisitor but the bunny gods had other ideas.
<Slyguy> I'm so French

Zenetar

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #167 on: 12:05:56 - 01/20/12 »
I thought 560 was a respectable amount of in for an inquisitor but the bunny gods had other ideas.

Astrolabia

• Veteran
  • Faithful
  • underdog's lifestream
« Reply #168 on: 05:43:28 - 01/24/12 »
I didn't even hard dump any stat and my inquisitor is still grinding int like a motherfucker to get it high enough for null barbs to increase wins vs tygann I wish there was an int equivalent of jerkies, pow dumps have it easy :p First I needed 80 to use thunderballs or whatever the lightning attach summon is called, now I need another 20, so theres 100 points of int grinded at level 51 when I didn't even dump it. I thought 560 was a respectable amount of in for an inquisitor but the bunny gods had other ideas.

i have 490 power at Lv50 (415/500)

i suppose i don't have it as bad because heartjerkies but it is quite infuriating to see everyone and their mom being able to throw shit like void bolt/fervor's flames/flame recoil/sign of algorab/other shit

and on top of that, i still don't have enough int for null barbs 8)
the former kyoudou
the apprentice kuonhime

Sparky

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • ◄◄Wishmaster►►
    • RealmOfDreams
« Reply #169 on: 06:10:02 - 01/24/12 »
i have 490 power at Lv50 (415/500)
Lv50... the newcomers are clogging our forums!
[15:57]   <Evangeline88>   nah, Slyguy is exceptional ... he can deal with everyone easily?

http://tinyurl.com/2b52xar

Mac OS X 10.9.3 / Firefox 30.0

Astrolabia

• Veteran
  • Faithful
  • underdog's lifestream
« Reply #170 on: 11:25:08 - 01/24/12 »
Lv50... the newcomers are clogging our forums!

i'm the new femme fatale 'round these parts! don't need no stinkin' POW!  :P
the former kyoudou
the apprentice kuonhime

Dullahan

• Newcomer
« Reply #171 on: 01:33:41 - 03/07/12 »
What does the endgame look like for pyros/magic users these days, generally speaking in terms of strategy/deck setups? Aside from epix spam + <brokencharmofthemonth> I mean.

Been out of touch with the game for several updates now but I've recently acquired a couple of higher level underfarmed pyros. No idea where to really start with them though. Don't mind doing the basic legwork to fix them up (somewhat), but I'm more interested in bringing them up to par to help out for a decent GvG setup, as opposed to making them super competitive in 1v1/coli.

tl;dr what does a solid magic setup look like these days? Open to hearing discussion about various class parings too :V Haven't looked at charms as of late but it seems like some of the newer (relatively speaking) charms have opened up class pairings that weren't so viable back in earlier stages of the game.

Zenetar

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #172 on: 04:40:01 - 03/07/12 »
Vita Banishment +magic buffs is still possible for any magic class, Pyros too.
If you wanna go beyond that, you'll need some srs grinding

Nanayama

• Adventurer
« Reply #173 on: 05:34:04 - 03/07/12 »
1v1 just use spirit if you dont' have enough epic, it's still the stable choice.

For group, go for 40-charm Pandamius deck that suddenly became popular after I started it. 4v4 is even better.
« Last Edit: 05:41:44 - 03/07/12 by Nanayama »

Ravenpaw

• Wanderer
« Reply #174 on: 08:52:36 - 03/07/12 »

For group, go for 40-charm Pandamius deck that suddenly became popular after I started it. 4v4 is even better.

should'v neutered nerfed inqs :P

Dullahan

• Newcomer
« Reply #175 on: 13:08:56 - 03/07/12 »
Vita Banishment +magic buffs is still possible for any magic class, Pyros too.
If you wanna go beyond that, you'll need some srs grinding
looking to improve a bit beyond that I guess.  :)

can you suggest something that a lvl47-50 stat distribution that isn't 700/700/700/700 might be able work towards?

I was thinking maybe something like Intense magmaform + wisdom + magic extra actions but I don't know if that can be adapted for group play.

Zenetar

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #176 on: 15:34:36 - 03/07/12 »

I was thinking maybe something like Intense magmaform + wisdom + magic extra actions but I don't know if that can be adapted for group play.
Possible, you need Lightning bugs also

Medefe

• Faithful
« Reply #177 on: 17:29:47 - 03/07/12 »

Possible, you need Lightning bugs also
And Phoenix Reborn, also Soulflare, and Hand of Salamath won't hurt either. Throw in Embrace of Sirius and Veil of Ash and you're getting competitive with it. Don't forget Soul Combustion, either.

Hash

• Newcomer
« Reply #178 on: 18:09:19 - 03/07/12 »
I think you guys can help him better by just giving him a link to some Kysin Keep quest or Forge guide rather than telling him to use KK, WWAMS or Unbound charms when his knowledge is at 47-50 stat level.
« Last Edit: 18:10:51 - 03/07/12 by Hash »

Medefe

• Faithful
« Reply #179 on: 10:19:31 - 03/10/12 »
It's all in the Wiki.