Author Topic: Sorryz fer burnin' yer waffle! [Pyromaniac Guide]  (Read 101625 times)

Reworros

• Adventurer

Zenetar

• Bunny Cultist
Re: Sorryz fer burnin' yer waffle! [Pyromaniac Guide]
« Reply #152 on: 05:19:30 - 06/08/11 »

Slipstream

• Wanderer
« Reply #153 on: 15:10:57 - 01/17/12 »
whats the dump stat for pyro?
Warassasin uses [Rapier]
Warassasin gains 1 extra action
Zazeezee takes 1146 melee damage

Zenetar

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #154 on: 16:19:56 - 01/17/12 »
what's a purpose of this link?

Ravenpaw

• Wanderer
« Reply #155 on: 06:07:16 - 01/18/12 »
whats the dump stat for pyro?

Either Dex or Con, but I would choose Con to be my dump stat. Though it makes you poor in melee, the nice shadow and spirit charms are reward enough.

Frillywhiteskirt

• Faithful
« Reply #156 on: 07:41:51 - 01/18/12 »
I would chose neither, unless you're desperate to use x charm at y level eventually you can use everything but you don't want one stat to be 200 below the others at levels 50+
<Slyguy> I'm so French

Zenetar

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #157 on: 07:48:20 - 01/18/12 »
Oh hai Frilly, nice to meet you in Class Discussion.
Unfortunately for you, Alexrowe had about 260 con when he hit lvl 50. he was quite successful all the way from it though.

Frillywhiteskirt

• Faithful
« Reply #158 on: 08:42:54 - 01/18/12 »
Not unfortunate for me, darlin. More like no impact on me at all but hey good for him. I'm sure there were times he wished he could have used circle of hands or fervors flames though. :3
<Slyguy> I'm so French

Zenetar

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #159 on: 15:07:51 - 01/18/12 »
He hit Highlord before he needed these bullshit con charms. ;D

Frillywhiteskirt

• Faithful
« Reply #160 on: 18:46:29 - 01/18/12 »
Not knocking what he did  but who hasn't reached Highlord that knows what they're doing in this game? I have 2 highlords because I only bothered to get to highlord with 2 alts (Katatonia, Devi) Devi did it at level 48 while the others were 50/51. But back on point, yeah you can do 1 thing really well if you hard dump a stat which is better for pvp. If you don't you'll be more well rounded which is better for dungeons and group stuff.
<Slyguy> I'm so French

Ravenpaw

• Wanderer
« Reply #161 on: 04:35:58 - 01/19/12 »
Not knocking what he did  but who hasn't reached Highlord that knows what they're doing in this game? I have 2 highlords because I only bothered to get to highlord with 2 alts (Katatonia, Devi) Devi did it at level 48 while the others were 50/51. But back on point, yeah you can do 1 thing really well if you hard dump a stat which is better for pvp. If you don't you'll be more well rounded which is better for dungeons and group stuff.

Really? I think it's a long from level 40 to the end game isn't it, so I don't understand the reason to keep your 4 stats even, at least at early level 40. It will keep your from being competitive in PVP, and it really is not that bad about the dungeons if you have a dump stat. I am at level 46 and have about 280 con at the moment, and it's true my melee sucks, yet I still managed to cope it well in Fury and Statues with a melee gear with 3 sets of hyphused weapons.( I'd rather do magic but everyone around Fury will set up a party with a pw: melee @ @). So my point would be that you can keep one of the stats as your dump one and still be good at both PvP and PvE.

Frillywhiteskirt

• Faithful
« Reply #162 on: 06:44:05 - 01/19/12 »
No you shouldn't keep your 4 stats even you definitely want your primary stats to be higher but once you get to high 40s low 50s you don't want one stat to be excessively below the others because there are so many awesome charms for all 4 attributes and you want to use all of them. Since this thread is for Pyros I gave circle of hands and fervor's flames as examples. Pyros tend to dump con because in early levels the ward destruction of shadow helps a lot. But once you hit level 45 or so you won't be relying heavily on shadow charms and thats when you want to start getting your con higher.

This is what you should aim for to be able to use all dungeon/event necessary charms at level 49-51.

582 dex, 533 con, 700 pow, and 663 int.

If your dex is up in the 600s and your con is down in the 400s (or vice versa) you're going to have to do some serious stat grinding before you do certain dungeons.
<Slyguy> I'm so French

Ravenpaw

• Wanderer
« Reply #163 on: 12:37:07 - 01/19/12 »
No you shouldn't keep your 4 stats even you definitely want your primary stats to be higher but once you get to high 40s low 50s you don't want one stat to be excessively below the others because there are so many awesome charms for all 4 attributes and you want to use all of them. Since this thread is for Pyros I gave circle of hands and fervor's flames as examples. Pyros tend to dump con because in early levels the ward destruction of shadow helps a lot. But once you hit level 45 or so you won't be relying heavily on shadow charms and thats when you want to start getting your con higher.

This is what you should aim for to be able to use all dungeon/event necessary charms at level 49-51.

582 dex, 533 con, 700 pow, and 663 int.

If your dex is up in the 600s and your con is down in the 400s (or vice versa) you're going to have to do some serious stat grinding before you do certain dungeons.

Good point there, but since you get 100 growth from level 44 or so, surely it wouldn't be that hard to adjust your stats later?
And thanks for the advice about the stats in late game, I am a little confused about what to do with them now, for this is my first chararcter. :)

Frillywhiteskirt

• Faithful
« Reply #164 on: 18:57:16 - 01/19/12 »

Good point there, but since you get 100 growth from level 44 or so, surely it wouldn't be that hard to adjust your stats later?
And thanks for the advice about the stats in late game, I am a little confused about what to do with them now, for this is my first chararcter. :)

Thats why I suggested not hard dumping stats, you don't want them to be off by hundreds. Within 1 to 200 difference is not easy but not extremely difficult to fix but if you need to get over 200 of 1 stat it becomes a chore to "fix" your character. As for what to do right now, I suggest looking at charms available for future levels and seeing which ones you want to aim to play earlier on and grow your stats accordingly. A good place to start is watching guild battles and coliseum to see what others are playing since this is your first character.
<Slyguy> I'm so French