Author Topic: PVP reset  (Read 4816 times)

Someon1

• Faithful
PVP reset
« on: 10:11:33 - 01/08/09 »
I've noticed that you can only affect your stats or receive drops from a particular PVP fight once per day.

When is the PVP reset? From experience, I don't think its 24 hours after fighting with a particular player.

Wolfsoul

• The Pic Maniac
  • Animator
  • Bunny Cultist
  • in ur forumz, trollin yer topixz
Re: PVP reset
« Reply #1 on: 11:59:36 - 01/08/09 »
Every 12 hours, on server set time, never did actually looked for that time, but happens :P
YGBSM
[20:31]   <Schutz|Work>   Lez trolls much better than wolfz! :p
We make server cry with Tears of Blood

Someon1

• Faithful
« Reply #2 on: 12:19:28 - 01/08/09 »
Every 12 hours, on server set time, never did actually looked for that time, but happens :P

Are you sure? I remember doing PVP with someone a few hours before reset and getting points. After I tried to do PVP with the same guy a few hours after reset, I got no points (yes, I won).

Maybe my memory is just foggy.

Wolfsoul

• The Pic Maniac
  • Animator
  • Bunny Cultist
  • in ur forumz, trollin yer topixz
« Reply #3 on: 12:25:53 - 01/08/09 »
Not THE job/travel reset, but pvp has its own timer. By the way, theres an easier way how to know that pvp reset, did you notice that after pvping with someone its name turns grey in list? That shows that you wont get anything from him if you fight him. So after reset, his name color returns to normal, yellowish or something >_>
YGBSM
[20:31]   <Schutz|Work>   Lez trolls much better than wolfz! :p
We make server cry with Tears of Blood

Someon1

• Faithful
« Reply #4 on: 13:29:08 - 01/08/09 »
Not THE job/travel reset, but pvp has its own timer. By the way, theres an easier way how to know that pvp reset, did you notice that after pvping with someone its name turns grey in list? That shows that you wont get anything from him if you fight him. So after reset, his name color returns to normal, yellowish or something >_>

I see. Do you (or anyone) know this time?

I did notice the effect you describe. Is that color information stored locally by cookies, or is server-side?

Karar

• Faithful
« Reply #5 on: 15:23:31 - 01/08/09 »

I see. Do you (or anyone) know this time?

I did notice the effect you describe. Is that color information stored locally by cookies, or is server-side?

It's the same time as the dungeon reset that doesn't reset traveling and jobs. The info is stored server-side, it would be too easy to cheat if it was stored locally.

Someon1

• Faithful
« Reply #6 on: 18:27:28 - 01/08/09 »
It's the same time as the dungeon reset that doesn't reset traveling and jobs. The info is stored server-side, it would be too easy to cheat if it was stored locally.

Ok, thanks.

I was referring to the color scheme, not the actual (PVP_done) flag.

Ugluk

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #7 on: 20:02:46 - 01/08/09 »

Ok, thanks.

I was referring to the color scheme, not the actual (PVP_done) flag.

So was Karar.  It would be way too easy to cheat that way.

Someon1

• Faithful
« Reply #8 on: 21:26:59 - 01/08/09 »
So was Karar.  It would be way too easy to cheat that way.

Ok thanks, I understand.

I was implying that the link color scheme could be stored client-side, but the information about whether you had done PVP that cycle could be stored server side.

There would be no way to cheat in this set-up, because the link color scheme is just a convenience.

Sr911

• Newcomer
« Reply #9 on: 06:29:45 - 11/26/12 »
I'm new in this game. :)

Though i searched the keywords "PvP reset" in SEARCH, and found some posters about that, i still confuse about the time reset of pvp.

I'm fight with other player 2 to more level higher than me to improve the skill Courage. But i'm not sure whether i can fight with the same player in 24hrs to get the skill point(s). In this poster, someone said the [fight] will become yellow if the pvp(to get rewards) is avaible. And you will get nothing if it gray. But if i fight in skrimish mode, the [fight] also gets gray.

How can i know whether i can fight with that player to get skill Courage point(s)?

Sparky

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • ◄◄Wishmaster►►
    • RealmOfDreams
« Reply #10 on: 06:39:19 - 11/26/12 »
I'm new in this game. :)

Though i searched the keywords "PvP reset" in SEARCH, and found some posters about that, i still confuse about the time reset of pvp.

I'm fight with other player 2 to more level higher than me to improve the skill Courage. But i'm not sure whether i can fight with the same player in 24hrs to get the skill point(s). In this poster, someone said the [fight] will become yellow if the pvp(to get rewards) is avaible. And you will get nothing if it gray. But if i fight in skrimish mode, the [fight] also gets gray.

How can i know whether i can fight with that player to get skill Courage point(s)?
If it's grey, you can't get the skill. After a skirmish, it becomes grey too. Skirmish is made to help you try your decks. But if you skirmish someone, for the game it's as if you'd PvP them so you can't attack them again before your PvP resets. It's made so to avoid people abusing skirmish to check out their victim's deck and adapt to it.

Also for PvP reset time: it's hard to tell when it occurs. Basically, let's say the first time you PvP ever is at 07:43 one day. Then if you log in every day, your PvP status will reset at 07:43 every day. Now if you don't log in for over a day, your PvP reset will occur at the time of your first next PvP.
[15:57]   <Evangeline88>   nah, Slyguy is exceptional ... he can deal with everyone easily?

http://tinyurl.com/2b52xar

Mac OS X 10.9.3 / Firefox 30.0

Sr911

• Newcomer
« Reply #11 on: 08:41:53 - 11/26/12 »
Thanks for your explanation.  ;D

Uraxor

• Faithful
« Reply #12 on: 10:41:37 - 11/26/12 »
I believe it's less than 24 hours.
Example:
Yesterday after reset I went to Sky, attacked few people.
It's now ~12hrs since and I see them yellow again.

(Or, following Sparky's theory say I got the reset timer set up in between the moment I got to Sky and now - but in that case, the reset in general would be anywhere in between 23.59 hrs and 1 minute, wouldn't it?)

Edit, oh;
« Last Edit: 10:45:23 - 11/26/12 by Uraxor »

Powerslave

• Bunny Cultist

Bazabaza

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #14 on: 23:40:18 - 11/26/12 »
the pvp reset happens when you log in, but only if its been more than 24h hours since your "last login" when you attacked someone. here's a post from Nipal that already explains it in more detail :)

k, i'm gonna explain this again, i can't find my old post.

day 1 you firstly play on estiah
day 1, 11:00 you log in, the server remembers your last login as "day 1, 11:00"
day 1, 12:30 you gank nipal, diminishing return is enabled for nipal
day 1, 15:00 you log in, dr is still up
day 2, 10:00 you log in, gank lezard, diminishing return is enabled for lezard
day 2, 13:00 you login, it's more than 24h than your last login, so pvp reset, all diminishing returns are cleared, last login is remembered as "day 2, 13:00"
day 2, 13:30 you can gank both nipal and lezard, even you just ganked lezard three hours ago

so it's actually based on "last login" which is not your "actual last login" really. i know it's quite awkward, you just
have to know that we did this for performance's sake and there are many other things happening at login too.
*note: diminishing return means that the fight button is grayed out and you cant get rewards

so you moved to skyrift and attacked those few people when you were half way through your pvp reset cycle, 12 hours later it cleared up and you were able to attack them again.

PS: effin ninjas :/