Author Topic: [Hall of Sacrifices] We will devour your soul  (Read 68190 times)

Slalderma

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • the Troubadour Warrior
Re: [Hall of Sacrifices] We will devour your soul
« Reply #15 on: 19:56:22 - 01/08/09 »
I swear I've seen a Niz/Lep post that talks about what percentage of boost charms are applied to drain charms but I can't find it.
slalderma / slickal / rebelscum / sukelywalker / badmotivator
berzerker / pyro / hierarch / deathknight / warden
Slyguy: Shortdeck is the answer to everything.

Azharh

• High Mediator
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #16 on: 19:58:52 - 01/08/09 »
Here

The effect of damage modifiers on drain attacks will now be reduced by 50%

Lezard

• Bunny Demon
  • Bunnies
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #17 on: 14:55:18 - 01/09/09 »
Except that damage modifiers are not applied to dots :)

Azharh

• High Mediator
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #18 on: 15:52:34 - 01/09/09 »
Yes, but they were talking about "Life Siphon"... "Dark Siphon", on the other hand, is a DoT and not affected by dmg mods... ;)

Lezard

• Bunny Demon
  • Bunnies
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #19 on: 16:06:53 - 01/09/09 »
Heh, my bad.
50% is the right value though

Slalderma

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • the Troubadour Warrior
« Reply #20 on: 16:26:34 - 01/09/09 »
Yes - we were discussing Life Siphon and the Deathknight Blade and the answer is quite clear.  Thanks.

Gothmogged

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #21 on: 20:09:57 - 01/11/09 »
Deathknight: Damage of [Touch of Decay] increased by 7

Slightly more attractive for use in a melee deck now.
151 Gothmogged uses [Violette's Roses]
Gothmogged targets Root of Corruption
Root of Corruption takes 125 melee damage
Root of Corruption is defeated.
229  Gothmogged uses [Nature's Claw]
Thornscourge the Defiled takes 212 melee damage
Thornscourge the Defiled is defeated.

Slalderma

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • the Troubadour Warrior
« Reply #22 on: 03:16:06 - 01/12/09 »
Anyone have thoughts on KoNM fight two?  I don't think I've got the melee to take him all the way out, and I've tried a spirit route and got lucky once.  I can post a deck config if it'll help discussion.

Harii

• Adventurer
« Reply #23 on: 18:24:37 - 01/12/09 »
fight 2 was one of the biggest ap dumps for me
you probably don't want to go spirit until you can manage to get through and get your heirlooms/crowns though
you don't have to use just melee, any charm 55ish+ would go in my deck
my rogue did ok with some lucky draws on rogue poisons, my merc had more trouble since most of the decent damage charms kill your armor

re: mind cry
it isn't too bad for guild fights when you can stack a few heirlooms on it, and has potentialy very lucky draws to do massive hits

Bedtime

• Faithful
« Reply #24 on: 19:05:28 - 01/12/09 »
I found spirit useless in that fight, don't know whether it was just luck or not, but it never happened using spirit. A mixture of demonic wills, some bleeds and the rest pure melee worked for me.

The 3 fight was more irritating as I hadn't got enough group attacks to take down the healers and then to kill the main guy. I never really tried using boosts up to the amount of damage needed, but im guessing its possible.

I didn't try the king as I knew I would stand no chance at lvl 40 which things like magebane poison and more HP.

Slalderma

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
  • the Troubadour Warrior
« Reply #25 on: 05:11:51 - 01/13/09 »
Thanks for the suggestions guys - I got through fight two after jacking up the poison content.  It seemed counter-intuitive to use those against him but it worked well.  Fight three wasn't much of a problem, and I only have 3 Vicious Stabs.  I did have 10xHyphused weapons, 5xForbidden Vitamins, and 5xWard Repulsions, so that helps.  I also had 6 of the Rogue AoE charms.

Baralas was actually easier than I thought.  A lot of my alts have had real troubles with him but not so the DK - I had plenty of Magebanes and Footbinds, a good mix of armor and ward... Persistent Disease actually did nearly all my damage.  He was under 1000hp by the time the spirit boost hit.

Anubis1179

• Newcomer
« Reply #26 on: 13:22:09 - 01/30/09 »
 Hello everyone, I am am new to the game and working on making my guy in to a DeathKnight. I am going Fighter>Merc>DeathKnight and was hoping that I could get some tips from you guys that know more them me. I am only level 24 right now so I still think of my self as a noob so any thing you have to say will be of help.

Gothmogged

• Veteran
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #27 on: 16:33:29 - 01/30/09 »
Hello everyone, I am am new to the game and working on making my guy in to a DeathKnight. I am going Fighter>Merc>DeathKnight and was hoping that I could get some tips from you guys that know more them me. I am only level 24 right now so I still think of my self as a noob so any thing you have to say will be of help.

If you ask some specific questions we can be a bit more helpful.  For general advice I'd say start collecting spirit charms so you can build a deck and get used to how the spirit decks work.  Also, work on HP and Spi increasing skills, but that is pretty much good advice no matter what you play.
151 Gothmogged uses [Violette's Roses]
Gothmogged targets Root of Corruption
Root of Corruption takes 125 melee damage
Root of Corruption is defeated.
229  Gothmogged uses [Nature's Claw]
Thornscourge the Defiled takes 212 melee damage
Thornscourge the Defiled is defeated.

Bedtime

• Faithful
« Reply #28 on: 16:52:58 - 01/30/09 »
I would agree with that, try to level spirit and learn how to use spirit charms effectively. I went against a lvl37 yesterday with my alt and he was using spirit charms that badly I laughed. Also, spend your time wisely by getting all the good spirit charms you can from dungeons.

Another thing as you're going via merc, is to focus heavily on dexterity after lvl 30, as you will need to switch focus from power to dexterity. Also even though I didn't, I would pick constitution as your reserve skill so you can use the axe mercenary charms as they will be pow/con, so you can use them straight away using your high power skill. If you pick intel, you wouldn't be able to use any fist charms untill you have 200+ intel, instead of ~150 con to use the axe charms.

But after all, its your style ;)

Anubis1179

• Newcomer
« Reply #29 on: 18:02:49 - 01/30/09 »
Thanks for the replays!

I will start to work more on getting more spirit carms, asap. Right now I only have 5 carms in my deck that attack spirit, Dark Shakanite Sword. Right now I have an all swords melee deck, but I am starting to get the feeling that may not be a good idea.

I will have to work on my con or int big time since they are both vary low 65 and 80 respectively. Like I said I am a sad little noob who is trying to learn.