Author Topic: Introduction to low level PvP  (Read 23701 times)

Yakshas

• Newcomer
Re: Introduction to low level PvP
« Reply #15 on: 03:51:45 - 03/13/09 »
refer to the cumulative part, the question is, the combats of this game are toally out of contrl, so how can i make sure the AI would use a cumulative card after a normal card but not before.

Shroud

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #16 on: 04:38:01 - 03/13/09 »
refer to the cumulative part, the question is, the combats of this game are toally out of contrl, so how can i make sure the AI would use a cumulative card after a normal card but not before.

Unfortunately, or fortunately, luck/chance is a big factor in the battles here in Estiah.
As far as I know, there is no way to guarantee that you play an armor/ward before a cumulative armor/ward type charm (there may be a charm out there that grants normal armor/ward, then a cumulative, but that's a different case). You factor this in when making gears. More normal armor/wards? They get wasted if played consecutively. More cumul type armor/ward? They're normally low comparatively, and won't block all of a strong attack.

So you pick your poison :)
Sneaking Around...

Nipal

• Bunny Mob
  • Bunnies
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #17 on: 11:21:09 - 03/13/09 »
i think estiah is a game where you plan your tactics before battle rather than react to fight situation.

Popeye

• Faithful
« Reply #18 on: 16:40:00 - 03/13/09 »
i think estiah is a game where you plan your tactics before battle rather than react to fight situation.
And I really like this. :D

Cornuthaum

• Adventurer
« Reply #19 on: 21:31:38 - 08/30/09 »
Sorry for necro-ing a half-year dead thread, but this is extremely relevant to my interests :x.

I've been mostly - if not entirely - levelling my way from level 5 to 8 (tiny, I know, which is why I post here) via PvP versus 13-charm dead alts.

However, now that I'm level 8, the PvP screen only shows me  L11 players - as usual, (Charlevel+3). This is, however, a wee bit annoying, since a.) I already maxed Courage 1, b.) there are no easily beatable alts for the last few points for spirituality and c.) I cannot view either lvl 8, 9 or 10 players, since the "Show All Opponents" button shows me at best 5% of my current level bracket, but a whole lot of people I have no intent to fight (and no chance either) instead.

I just wanted to ask whether or not I'm either blind, stupid or both and if I missed the magic "show me people of my level, instead of my level +3" button/trigger/switch.

Thanks in advance,
Cornuthaum the Confused.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for the rest of the day.
Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Lezard

• Bunny Demon
  • Bunnies
  • Bunny Cultist
« Reply #20 on: 23:12:30 - 08/30/09 »
Sorry for necro-ing a half-year dead thread, but this is extremely relevant to my interests :x.

I've been mostly - if not entirely - levelling my way from level 5 to 8 (tiny, I know, which is why I post here) via PvP versus 13-charm dead alts.

However, now that I'm level 8, the PvP screen only shows me  L11 players - as usual, (Charlevel+3). This is, however, a wee bit annoying, since a.) I already maxed Courage 1, b.) there are no easily beatable alts for the last few points for spirituality and c.) I cannot view either lvl 8, 9 or 10 players, since the "Show All Opponents" button shows me at best 5% of my current level bracket, but a whole lot of people I have no intent to fight (and no chance either) instead.

I just wanted to ask whether or not I'm either blind, stupid or both and if I missed the magic "show me people of my level, instead of my level +3" button/trigger/switch.

Thanks in advance,
Cornuthaum the Confused.

Worry not, with the next patch we'll add a pagination on the PvP screen so you will really see all the +3 / -3 players in your city.

Alastair

• Bunny Cultist
« Reply #21 on: 03:01:43 - 08/31/09 »
Awesome. I've wanted a pagination for awhile.  :)
"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be." - Kurt Vonnegut.

I'm a bastard sometimes, don't think I don't see that- Sage Francis

Kosiciel

• Bunny Cultist
  • DoT Guild officer
« Reply #22 on: 01:07:00 - 09/02/09 »
Can't wait to see it  :)

Zatheriah

• Newcomer
« Reply #23 on: 12:57:02 - 05/03/12 »
Nice guide!  :)  Just to clarify though, people can attack you any time whenever you are in a PvP city? Just asking because I moved to Aleas and Ive been attacked constantly by level 7 and 8s, while Im just a level 5. They simply have more armor, wards, spirit, and hp so they just exhast me.
Let not your heart be troubled.

Seniunas

• Wanderer
« Reply #24 on: 15:27:21 - 05/03/12 »
yeah, you can be attacked anytime in pvp city, nad even in pve, if you have bounty on your head